We had a wonderful weekend and spent a lot of time with Holly, my sister who lives about three hours away. Here's a pic with both of my sisters and Gemma. Mariah is the adorable brunette in the middle and Holly's the fabulous blonde.

She's a blast, we wish we could convince her to move back home and make us laugh all the time. Sadly, she's headed back north. *sniffle*
As I caught back up on blog reading today, I ran across this post over at Everyday Mommy. Four wonderful ladies have written a mission statement called "Moms and Dads for Modesty" and I think it's a great thing.
Too many stores are selling provocative clothing for children and little girls (and big girls) are wearing them. Frankly it's disturbing. Little girls don't need to wear tiny little shorts that have the words "eye candy" plastered across their backends. I'm all for fashion, but let's be wise. Go on over and check it out.
And now a follow up to my last post. That photo is Tyler going off of the high dive a few weeks ago. He didn't belly flop, in fact his dive was so beautiful that I would have given him a 10. Then again, I'm his mother. I figured I would jump on the Wordless Wednesday bandwagon. From what I gather, you just post a picture and don't really write about it or anything. Just a guess though. It's my kind of deal because you know how I like to take pictures. Hmmm, I guess I am kind of ruining it by explaining the photo with a whole lot of words one post later. Oh well.
Ok, I'm off to bed in anticipation of the big week-of-firsts. All of our church activities are starting up this week after taking the month of August off. (Not Sunday mornings though. Hello!) I'm super excited to get back at it, but it's gonna be busy. Now, don't you think I need to go have a bowl of ice cream before hitting the sack? I do.

8 comments:
Great post and I am doing the Moms for Modesty as well...although I don't have a daughter!
Hey thats YOU!! Awesome to see ya...thanks for the comment and feel free to email me anytime! Talk about..um..ice cream HAHA...
What a beautiful family!
Awwww...look at those beautiful girls. I haven't seen Holly in ages. I'm lovin' the blonde. And Mariah! Goodness. Your mom and dad make such pretty children. Anyway. I agree with getting back to normal. I'm so sick of being gone all the time. Hopefully we can soon be back to life as we know it...
On the kids clothing comment... this is exactly what I've been thinking. Seems we dress them for seduction, then tell them, "Be pure." What kind of craziness is that?
you three are so beautiful! i have really notice merv is growing up! she is a little knockout! she is a sweetheart too, takes after her big sisters!
Crazy! I literally just left that website!!!! I'm all about the modesty thing, just ask Madison! It's a real battle, having two different opinons(one from me and one from her mom) Pray for her to choose the way god has for her. I worry sometimes! Really cute picture!! Gemma's getting so big
Your parents have 3 beautiful daughters! And your own ain't too shabby, is she? What a cutie.
Perri
Post a Comment