Thursday, September 14, 2006

Words on Thursday

So I see that some of you figured out yesterday's post without the help of actual words. Clever, you are all so clever.

September 13th marks the birthdays of two people I love dearly. Yesterday was both my brother and my mother-in-law's birthdays. One of them turned twenty, I'll let you guess which one.

The pretty lady in pink is Nate's mom, who is a whole lot of fun. She's the kind of lady who gives mother-in-laws a good name. She has never once re-arranged my kitchen cupboards or told me how to raise my children. On the contrary, she's got a heart of gold and is always willing to help however she can. Generous and lively and oh so snuggly with the grandkids, who call her Ooma, she's a lovely woman that I wish you could all know. And she loves "Kool-aid". She drinks "cherry Kool-aid" out of fancy wine glasses.

The other photo is my little brother Gabe. I was a little late in congratulating him last year. This year, I'm right on time. We did a little photo shoot a few weeks ago that involved me laying flat on my stomach just inches away from flying skateboards. Notice, I said "flat on my stomach", and not "on my flat stomach." There is definitely a difference. Anyway, I came away with some great shots and no head wounds. Sadly, we have had to share Gabe with a college four hours away. As much as we want to keep him here, we have realized that he can't work in the produce department forever. As much as he loves peas.

*************************************************
In other news:


I am waging a serious laundry war today. I have let it slide much too long and I'm pulling out the big guns today. I might even put it all away once it's clean, but I'm not pushing it.


Today's pet peeve: soaking wet rolls of toilet paper. why? I shake my fist towards the heavens and scream out WHY?!


And let me end with.........


Today's happy surprise: I am thrilled for my dear friend Gretchen who welcomed a new little daughter last Friday. This morning she introduced little Beatrix to the world. And can I just say how much I love that name? Perfect. Congratulations to the Lifenut family.

12 comments:

melanie said...

wow! i get to be the first one to comment, hurray!
happy birthday gabe and nate's mom! i have never heard of anyone's tummy looking like yours after 6 beautiful babies! and when your done with your laudry will you hit mine, crazy!!!

melanie said...

and i totally understand the toliet paper, as if we don't go through enough. did you know the average household uses a roll every 5 days. guess we aren't "average" eh? how about oatmeal? a big old box joyfully scattered throughout the house, a box of baby cereal dumped aross the floor, and a container of formula flying down the stairs. someday we'll look back and laugh huh?

Chilihead2 said...

Shaking my fist about the TP right along with ya...

I love my MIL too. Yours looks like an absolute PEACH!

Love the green shoes.

Big Mama said...

If you find a way to win the laundry war, could you give me your secret?

Tina said...

I love how you just can't leave wordless wednesday... you always have to have words. :) you're so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I was WAY off on the skater. I thought it was TYLER! I didn't make a connection with it being the skater's birthday, too, I just thought they were two pics of their own categories...

Happy birthday, Gabe!!! Love the shoes!!

Yeah, and that tummy thing...just the other day Ethan asked me if my tummy would be yucky after the baby is born. I said, "It'll still be big and squishy." And my lovely Ethan's reply was...

AUNT HEATHER'S TUMMY ISN'T SQUISHY AT ALL. IT'S FLAT AS A PANCAKE!

And it is!!

And mom, I completely agree with you, Heth and Eric have made us better ppl!!!

boomama said...

I have to tell you that I have laughed and laughed all day about the line "As much as he loves peas."

I'm laughing again, in fact.

It's my favorite thing I've read all week.

Amie said...

Good luck with that laundry...I have run into mold on a bib. Can you even GET that nasty gunky yuck out of anything?? I even tried to bleach the thing. I have found the bedroom closet has been a good hide-out for my laundry 'til I'm good and ready to acknowledge it....I keep the doors closed and invite no one in my room.

Tanya Nichols said...

I love the name Beatrix and I absolutely adore the skating photo...do you mind if I print that out and hang it in my sons room? seriously he would love it!!!

Emily said...

i love the skateboard picture from yesterday. :)

Heth said...

Tanya- Go for it. My brother would be honored that his skills are being recognized.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to the two of you. Do your kids throw rolls of toilet paper in the toilet??? Memphis hasn't figured that out yet, but he does throw Kali's polly pocket's in the toiley!!! :)~ (by the way my dining room is currently covered with sorted piles of dirty laundry!!! LOL!!!