Monday, July 31, 2006

The Good News/The Bad News

The Good News:

Mr. Postmaster has issued some sweet DC Comic Super Hero stamps. I know Flash Gordon will put a smile on the student loan billing department's faces when they receive our monthly payment of an arm and a leg.

The Bad News:

Jack likes these stamps too. The front of our silverware drawer looks extra Super covered in $7.80 worth of "stickers".

5 comments:

Tanya Nichols said...

DOH! not the stamps!!! I better keep my X-Men loving Dear darling sweet mature husband from those stamps he will buy them AND NEVER USE THEM...to precious to use of course...hehehe

Sarah said...

Indeed, my taste buds appreciate the "new" (what, 15 years old now?) no-lick stamps. My children REALLY appreciate the no-lick stamps, yes, known as stickers to them. My wallet doesn't appreciate that my children appreciate them. It's painful.

Here's hoping the student loan people are so giddy with the frivolity of Flash Gordon that they decide to forgive the rest of your loan.

Laura said...

LOL
I did this to my mom when I was a kid....we won't discuss how much the stamps were valued at back then when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth!
I hope the stamps are salvegable.

SuperMom said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

That is the funniest :-) You could have bought a gallon of gas with that seven bucks.

Unkempt Mommy said...

I'd like to see a pic of that. :)
I hate to admit it, but there have been a few times when making a friend or family member a last-minute birthday card or thank you note and I had no stickers or cute stationary to make it "personal". I did, however, have a whole book of stamps with an assortment of strange cartoon-looking animals and cut some of those up to make stickers. Now I think I plan ahead a little bit better and haven't been reduced to stamp-altering for the purpose of a cute note in quite some time. Hee hee ;)