Imagine my horror when I woke up and checked my email, only to see these words:
"You've heard the buzz about the hottest silhouette to hit the jeans scene. Now get in on the trend with our must-have skinny jeans."

Thank you GAP for a rude awakening. I wonder what Stacy and Clinton have to say about this. Haven't they been forbidding tapered leg pants for the past how many seasons? And now they are being called the "hottest sellout".
Despite the horror. Despite the outrage. Despite my better judgment. I know I will wear them.
Also, another disturbing fashion trend. Shirts like these:
Don't let them fool you with their cuteness. Yes, they are adorable, but I don't like what they do for women who have given birth to one or more children. They scream: "Am I a maternity shirt?" I have a few pieces like this. Some with a tieback and a couple with an empire waist and I'm telling you, I get double takes from people every time I wear them. I know exactly what they are thinking. "Is she or isn't she?" Everyone wonders if I am trying to sneak another pregnancy by them but they are too afraid to ask. Again, I continue to wear them in the name of fashion despite my better judgment. And no, I am not pregnant.
I'm giving props to this lady. I stumbled across her blog via Randi and I love what she did. Oh that I had the guts to pull off the same dress for 365 days. Way to go brown dress lady. You rule.




13 comments:
you aren't pregnant yet?
come on... it's time.
oh no, no. that will not do. I refuse to go back to those pants. only skinny girls can wear skinny pants and I am not one of them.
now the skinny jeans have been THE thing to wear around here for over a year....of course mom still has to get used to the new silouette especially on the young men that come calling for dear daughter #1.
Me, I just laugh and point out I wore those jeans myself back in the day, LOL.
Wish my Mama belly would fit back into those pants!!! It is a nice thought that people might actually wear pants that fit and not fall down. Hmmmm.
Hey, I like the skinny jeans. Especially when I was skinny. Now if I only had the "skinny" to go in them, life would be grand.
Slaves to fashion, we are.
You will NEVER see me in these. Brings me straight back to 8th grade when we used to "peg" our pants. Yuck! But...I'm sure you will look adorable Heth. ;)
I love brown dress lady. I've been tracking her site for awhile now. Her next project is to make all of the clothes she wears...even undies and shoes. I love it.
eww ewwe eww taperd leg pants. They are the bane of my existance. How to make big thighs look bigger: Step One: buy and wear tapered leg jeans. YUCK.
Course, you are super thin, so they will surely look cute on you.
And those tops! What kind of bra are you supposed to wear under them?? Geez.
I think that brown dress experiment is looking better all the time.
I was just saying to my husband how disappointed I am in the "new silhouette". EVERYONE knows that boot cut pants balance the booty. Skinny jeans mock the laws of physics.
I hope sales are dismal.
I agree that most of the tops have an "is she or isn't she?" quality. I'm actually digging it because I AM and I don't have to stick to to the maternity department. Gotta love empire waists!
I have a couple empire waist shirts and have even been asked if I was wearing a "special" outfit. It took me a few seconds to realize what this sweet older gal was implying. I emphatically answered her "NO".
Seriously?? Tapered leg is in again? It just goes in cycles, doesn't it.
Oh, and PLEASE tell me that guys wearing tight "girl pants" is out of style!! That is the worst.
Too funny, I have the same thoughts about those maternity-looking shirts! I own one, but everytime I've put it on I take it right back off. I'm not in the mood to hear "are you pregnant *again*?!!"
josh is tramatized with the pants!! do you think pegging will ever come back? i'm all over it.
Post a Comment