Oh man was it great. We love to camp and we go with the same crazy-fun family every year. Between the two clans there are eleven kids eleven and under. Yee Ha! It's so much fun.
We swam, we ate, we roasted hotdogs and marshmallows, and we plain old roasted (it was a 95 degrees). We laughed, we talked, we fished, and we ate WAY too many s'mores. Wait, maybe that was just me.
Check out our mammoth tent. It rules. (camera phone, sorry)

The kids love camping because it means that they get to eat really crappy food. It's like a dream come true. Nothing says balanced breakfast like a marshmallow-dog.

Now granted, that pic is from last year's camping extravaganza and we know better now. Healthy food for healthy bodies. Blah, blah, blah.
This time we had poptarts and s'mores for breakfast.
8 comments:
Oh man does that sound like fun. I want the marshmallow dog for breakfast.
hey you should borrow our pie iron! It makes everything healthy when you camp! I love it!
Ooooh fun! I love camping. I hated it when we were in Jr. High because I couldn't get my bangs as high in all the humidity, but now I adore it. I think I had one of those curling irons that ran on a little gas tube instead of electricity. Gotta love that. I remember camping in 8th grade and calling you from the pay phone at the campground. I'm sure I was saying something like, "I am so totally like hating this...why couldn't I just stay home with you? I'm like totally in love with Kevin. Oh my gosh. Totally".
I'm with ya on the too many s'mores problem. We roast them in our chimenea all the time. They are just too good. Just use organic chocolate so it all "evens out". We are soooo camping out more after we get our VW Bus. Did you see it?!
Your camping trip looks fun! ya gotta love that kind of breakfast, no matter what;)
HOW FUN! I'm not against camping, but it's not my first choice. However, after seeing how ya'll do it? I'm in.
Glad you had fun!
AAAHHH WE LOVE CAMPING> We're going in October and trying to decide whether to take the little one or leave him with someone! Yeah Smores!
you guys are the best. although i think that little blue gill would have made a great lunch tyler, and i am wondering how many kiddos we will be bringing in a few years! love those smores!
What is it with junk food and camping--they just go together don't they???? Cute post.
Post a Comment