Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just a few things....

Let's talk about the weather. Yes, it's been a bit hot. Am I the only one who loves the heat? This is the weather I live for people. Nothing says summer like sweat running down crevices that you didn't know you had. Or at least weren't fully aware of until you felt the trickle. The hot temps really just make us more in touch with our bodies. I wore my most favorite pirate dress to the baseball game the other night, thinking it would be a nice and cool alternative to regular-type clothes. It stuck to my body. So that's a nice look. Still, I love the dog days of summer. Bring it.

Speaking of clothes, it didn't take long for me to cave. Remember the skinny jeans that we talked about just last week? Well, I ran across a pair on the Target clearance rack for $5. I just couldn't pass them up. Really they aren't that bad. But just so you know, "skinny jeans" doesn't mean that they make you look skinny. In fact, Nate* told me that they made my butt look bigger. Do I care? No. They were five dollars. Besides, he's a nerd. What does he know anyway?

Gemma has passed another milestone, she has learned to drink from a straw. It's the simple things that make life easier. Hooray for the Gemster.

Let me just wrap up this little post with a glimpse into the insanity that is my summer. My children think this little ditty is hilarious. I love Bloo. I even think that Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is a pretty funny show. This little cartoon even cracks me up. After hearing it over five thousand times in one day, not so much. But Cartoon Network in general.....meh. I'm so glad we don't have cable any more. Well, we have basic, but really, that's nothing.

*Don't be mad at Nate for telling me that my butt looks big in my skinny jeans. I'm not mad at him. He said it in the most nicest way possible. He likes big butts and he cannot lie.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, the heat is affecting your reasoning about skinny jeans. Do I need to show you some home video of the skinny jeans days? I saw one the other day of me and I don't know what I was thinking wearing those things! Don't do it Hez, dig your receipt out of the garbage and take them back!!

Actually, it's all about how tall one is and you is and I isn't...

SuperMom said...

You like the heat? I'm doing a rain dance over here. Actually, I'm doing a snow dance. I can't carry off the sweaty, pirate look.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you are making me LAUGH....

Tanya Nichols said...

HA I was so gonna say that last line about being bootylicious...sigh well great minds think alike AND I LOVE THE PIRATE DRESS...you can always share where you acquired the dress since I live in Cali and we would never bump into each other, which means the fear of being TWINSIES (yack) would never happen!!!!

Heth said...

Tanya- I bought the pirate dress at Target on the clearance rack a few months back. When I was there last night, I didn't see anymore. Instead you could get a pair of skinny jeans. They stick to your body even when it's NOT super hot outside.

Kathryn Thompson said...

Great. Now I'm gonna have that song in my head all day.

WarriorWife said...

You crack me up!

Laura said...

cool buy from the target clearance rack....exactly where my 14 y/o bought her skinny jeans. she pronounces target as uber cool and mama is thankful.

Anonymous said...

Heth, I am sooooo with you on the heat! Summer is my thing although skinny jeans will never be... again... hopefully.

melanie said...

love the heat. i totally want to move south!! yah for gemmy- i remember where maja was the first time she drank from a straw, the little things that are so sweet!

Tina said...

ew.
don't like the heat.
i could go for 69.9 degrees 365 days a year. perfect.

AND -- even if those jeans do make your butt look big, you can wear them! you wear whatever you want honey....

just don't make them in my size, cuz I CAN'T!!!

Brenda said...

Yuck...I don't like heat. Plllhhhhhhhh!!! Glad you do though. I'm a winter girl. I love the cosy fires and hot chocolate. Yaaaaaaeeeee Gemma!!!! Memphis has you beat there, but he still won't walk..LOL!!!

Goslyn said...

Oh man, you bought the skinny jeans! Heth, how could you? The rest of us mommies will have to follow your errant fashion ways, and we are not all little bitty like you!! LOL.

Just kidding. Glad you like the new look.