I am leaving.
We have arranged for the care of the children. The two little partners in crime are spending the rest of the week with their cousins. Together, they make up infamous Four Muskateers. The three oldest have the ball and chain of school around their little traveling ankles and have to stay in town. But staying with Oomah* and Doopah** makes up for having to continue with classes and homework and boring stuff like that. Little Gemster comes with us.
And where are we going? On an airplane. The last time I flew I was a mere 15 years old and was headed to sunny Florida. This time, I am not headed to sunny Florida, but to somewhere just as fun, and I am bringing along a very very active little seven month old. A seven month old who has mastered climbing the stairs and is now flirting with letting go of furniture while standing next to it. I think she freaks herself out a bit: "Look at me, I'm standing next to the couch. Am I awesome or what? Wait, whattheheck? I'm letting go! Wow, look, I'm awesomer than I thought! Ohmygosh, this is scary, MOM...HELP!" and plop, she falls right on her squishy little butt. Yeah, I don't think there is much room for that on the airplane, so we are praying that she will sleep a lot. Benedryl as a back up.
We'll be back late late late on Sunday night. Don't wait up.
*This is Nate's mom. The German word for Grandma-Oma became toddlerized by our oldest when he was a wee lad and the resulting difficult to spell nickname has stuck.
**This is Nate's Dad. This is the masculine partner to Oomah. It is sometimes shortened to a more casual "Doop".
13 comments:
Have a great time, take notes and pictures and don't worry about the rest of us, really we'll be fine. [sniff, sniff] Just fine! Go ahead now, just go wouldja!
Have a great time!!!!!! Happy Birthday!
Have a wonderful time, wherever you are headed! I anxiously await your return so I can find out. Hope your adventures are spectacular and most importantly, happy and low-stress.
Enjoy the baby on the airplane. Just did that. Wheee.
It's always nice getting away. Have fun. (feeling green here!)
So jealous here!
The curiousity of where you are going is just KILLING me! Have a great time!
whoooo hooooo ! HAVE FUN !!!
I heard a rumor that you were headed somewhere in my neck of the woods-gosh could that really be true? And you didn't bother to call, lol?
Have a wonderful time with your hubby and your wee one! Enjoy!
Don't do anything I wouldn't do! Have fun....you're going to tell us where you went when you get back, right......
*Smile*
Dusting off my cute shoes...
Have fun. We'll miss you in Wave-town. Can't wait till you return.
Have a ball, Heth! Can't wait to read the report when you get back.
(I'm like Shannon, though. I thought you were shutting down the old blog. I'm so glad that wasn't it!)
Post a Comment