Wednesday, January 18, 2006

January. Bleh.

Yes, I love January because it is the month of my BIRTHDAY. But I have to admit, it's a little bit of a letdown after all of the December hoopla. And especially this year, all of our snow is gone making the view out of our windows pretty barren. And very very brown. This of course makes for some very dirty snowpants and boots when the kids come traipsing in after school. The temperatures have been lovely, but I feel like mother nature is a suffering from a memory lapse. Hello? Mother Nature? Yeah, it's Heth, and well, could you please make up your mind? What season is it?

So to bring a bit of sunshine into this January 18th, I give you one of my favorite summertime photos. Close your eyes and dream of July.

10 comments:

Angela said...

Very cute! And I'm the first to comment on a post from your ever-growing-in-popularity blog. :-) This month is rather different - thank goodness for birthdays that break up the monotony of it.

Natalie Joy said...

AHHH summer. I know how much you love summer. Don't worry it will be here soon enough.

Amie said...

You must have known how much I needed that! *sigh*

Anonymous said...

How fun is that picture??

We're good on sunshine, but could use more warmth.

Next July, I fully expect to see a picture of January snow, to help us cool down.

Melanie said...

My kids keep asking me when spring/summer is going to be here. I keep telling them that it won't be for a long time. I'm so ready for warm, sunny days again, too, but trying to be patient, and now you had to go and post this picture! Torture! ;)

Anonymous said...

HETH! Stop that! I can't take it. Look at their smiles, the laughter, the tans. That picture doesn't help, it makes me jealous of everyone with warmer and shorter winters than I have to live through in this frozen tundra. You are corrupting me!!!

Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

Oh and cute picture.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, Heth!!

Randi said...

Great picture!

We have snow in the forecast for today and tomorrow, but I am not sure if I believe it or not--they keep saying the cold weather is coming and then nothing!

I think I will jump for joy when I see a flake!

hannahjoy said...

I love the picture, and wish it was summer already!