We just attended our first fifth grade band concert. I wasn't really ready for it, literally. We found out about it as Tyler walked in the door after school. "How was your day?" "Good, and oh yeah, I have a band concert tonight." Communicating important school info is not one of his stronger suits. Remember, we already discussed the condition of his backpack.
So we knocked out everyone's homework and chores, shoveled some supper into our mouths and ran out the door. It took a little shuttling, the Beast is in the shop (that's a whole other post) so we had to figure out how to transport eight people with a five seater. The xB is great. Love it. I took the younger four to my parents and then came back and picked up Nate, Tyler, and Noelle.
Tyler plays the trombone. We have heard him practice a few times. You just can't get the whole picture from listening to your kid practice their instrument solo. He does a great job, but there's not much melody in the trombone section. Those fifth graders put on a great show, seven songs and I wasn't even bored. Seriously, I wasn't. One thing I remember from my own fifth grade band experience was the foot tapping. And guess what, it's still there. And it's contagious. Tonight I found myself tapping right along with them.
Good times.....
3 comments:
That is so exciting!!! I hope he stays with it :)
Good job Tyler! and mom for being able to get there on the fly.
Yeah, I too am very impressed with your spur-of-the-moment organizational skills. Shoveled the food in? Hm, I usually use a slingshot when I'm in that big of a hurry.
Post a Comment