Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Packrats

This morning I was sorting through the girls room. Taking on the job of picking Polly Pockets shoes from Ello pieces and Barbie clothes is a very noble job. Noelle (9) and Camryn (6) love purses, and they pack them with some interesting things. I think they each have about 4 purses each right now, and if I'm missing something around the house, I go digging through their purses. Let me give you a quick list of what I found in one small purse this morning.

  • A Hot Wheels car
  • one Fairytopia strappy sandal
  • a dirty sock
  • a rock
  • a wadded up Sunday School paper
  • Polly herself
  • Some sort of bean bag thing one of them made at VBS this year.

Where's the lipstick? The mirror? The cute little wallet? Apparently they didn't get the memo about what to put in a purse.

Some haunting questions.

  • Where were GI Joe and Barbie going in Barbie's convertible and why was their dog driving?
  • How many thousands of googly eyes did Caedmon and Jack dump out on their floor?
  • How long has this shirt been wadded up behind Noelle's dresser?
  • What in the world are Polly's clothes made out of that they can stretch so much?
  • Why am I jealous of the wardrobes of the My Scene dolls?
  • What in the world am I going to discover when I clean the boys' room?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cute to see what the kids come up with when they're playing with their toys! I love what you said about the My Scene dolls too lol :)

hannahjoy said...

the dog was driving the convertible, eh? wow times are changing... :O) Heth, my photos are now posted... check em out.

Chilihead2 said...

LOL! I love the purse contents. Munchkin is the same way!

Anonymous said...

OH! I can so relate!!! Amelia doesn't even care if it is an actual purse. She will take a grocery bag and shove it full of stuff. The girl is a "bag lady". She is always walking through the house with a bag...or two on her shoulder. There is no rhyme or reason to what she has in there...if she can stuff it in, it must belong in the bag! The girls are always stealing my stuff...especially jewlery. All my funky bracelets end up somewhere in their room, under the bed, in a purse, on the floor of the car next to an old fry, etc. WHY???

So I congratulate you on the fact that you were actually cleaning their room. I just told my girls they couldn't watch TV until they cleaned their room...I think they are upstairs watching Little House on the Prairie. :) Does this mean that I need to go become the enforcer??? or can I stay here playing on the computer????

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about the girls and their purses, exactly what my daughter does. It we're missing a stapler or maybe something is suddenly missing off my key chain, I know just where to find it. It's in one of her many purses. The only thing that ever went missing that wasn't found there was the remote but we all know those things walk away on their own.

Pam said...

I've been on that same search with my Libbyline and Sweetcheeks. They seem to keep better track of my things than I do. If I ever need a piece of my favorite gum--it is to Sweetcheeks' purse I go!