Tuesday, January 31, 2006

New Old Friends

I mentioned yesterday in my list of numbers that I was able to meet three wonderful blogging friends on my trip. Let me tell you a bit more.

I had breakfast at Panera with Joanne. She was so sweet and genuine. We chatted over coffee and pastries, it was heavenly. I feel like we could have talked all afternoon, she made me feel so comfortable. Lovely lady that Joanne. And she has fabulous red hair. I was green with envy.

For lunch I met with Vashti and Gretchen. I felt like I was amongst old friends and we were just getting together again after being apart for awhile. Vashti was full of life and so amazingly friendly. Her two daughters were just precious and I was so lucky to be able to meet her three nephews also. She had quite a tribe with her, I felt right at home.

I have "known" Gretchen for a couple years now through a message board that we both visit and I have wanted to meet her from the moment I met her. Does that make sense? She was gentle and sweet and completely amiable. (I've been dying to use the word "amiable" for a long time and meeting Gretchen gave me the perfect opportunity) She also wore a most fabulous pair of sparkling pink earrings. I could have chatted with her three little boys for hours, they were simply charming.

This was a day completely worth plucking my eyebrows for. If you knew how much I hate tweezing, you would know how huge that is. These three ladies did not disappoint and I was so thrilled with my very first real-life-meets-the-internet day. Also, none of them turned out to be axe murderers, which is a bonus.

5 comments:

Natalie Joy said...

I'm so jealous. What a neat experience for all 4 of you.

Chilihead2 said...

That sounds fabulous. So glad they weren't axe murderers. ;)

Anonymous said...

You plucked! I am so honored.

Not an axe-murderer in the bunch!

Randi said...

When you mention the gals being pluck-worthy, I know they must have been great! The only thing that gets me plucking is...is...is...???

Melanie said...

How fun! I still have not met any online friends IRL, although I hope to someday!