Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to school

It was like we were standing on the edge of the pool, just about to dip our toes and test the water, when someone ran by and shoved us in. We are fully submerged in the routine of real life again, and the water is great once you get in.

The oldest two were having a hard time falling asleep last night. I guess two weeks of no bedtimes was a habit hard to break in just one day. Everyone was a little slow this morning, but after a bowl of Cheerios, they changed gears and were early to the bus stop.

Things I will miss:
  • People sleeping all over the house. No, we didn't have house guests, we all just crashed where we wanted to. Usually there was someone on every couch and a couple of kids in bed with me.
  • Christmas food
  • Staying in our pajamas all day.
  • Having Nate home.

Things I will not miss:

  • Having Nate home. (just kidding!)
  • Constant Nintendo
  • no bedtimes
  • Kids on a 24 hour sugar high

It seems that I spoke too soon in regards to Gemma's 12 hour sleep plan. I suppose I was asking for it though, proclaiming her angelic night time sleep habits to the whole internet. And so she did NOT sleep 12 hours last night. She does have a well baby check up today, maybe I will ask for a prescription for Ambien. For her.

I have high hopes for this day. Hopes of getting a whole lot of something done to make up for all of the nothing we have done the last two weeks. I let you know how it goes......

Happy routine to you all!! Hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray here too, but not because of the return of the routine. Our kids don't return to school until the 9th! I'm still liking the lazy.

mommy to six J's said...

Can your Gemma teach my Jesiah how to pull him self up and all that other stuff.He is one and he just started crawling. He's defintley not what we call a overachiever. Saw your blog site on randi's thought I would stop by and say hi

Heth said...

Mommy to four j's-
Nice to have you stop by! I love Jesiah's name.

Mopsy-
The ninth? Really? Wow, that's a pretty good break! Happy laziness to you, I love a good excuse to do nothing.

Fern Bourrie said...

Sounds like our home during Christmas vacation. We were a bit sluggish getting back on track. Happy New Year.