Sunday, January 15, 2006

29

A list of Twenty Nine things on my Twenty Ninth birthday.

  1. Pancakes. We had a birthday dinner at my parents' house, and I requested pancakes.
  2. Ham. (Mom made ham too, I guess for the people who don't love pancakes all by themselves.)
  3. Steaks. Last night, Nate's parents made me a delicious steak dinner. I'm drooling now.
  4. Pecan Pie. Last night's dessert.
  5. An "African-American" bracelet that Noelle made me with her new beads. (She's totally into beads right now)
  6. Gemma slept all night last night. Thank you Gemma, that was the best gift you could have given me.
  7. Cherry Chip Cake with Cream Cheese frosting
  8. We made a trip to the ER with Gemma. Thought she had a bum arm, but she's fine.
  9. I made a pot of coffee this morning before church and didn't have any until after church.
  10. I wore my favorite Blindside shirt. And some fuzzy pink socks.
  11. Caedmon and Camryn went to a birthday party. When he was getting out of the car, Caedmon fell into a snowbank.
  12. My dream birthday present would be to sleep until I wake up on my own.
  13. Nate made scrambled eggs for breakfast.
  14. I thought thinking of 29 things would be easy but it's hard.
  15. I don't think I feel like I'm 29, but I can't tell if I feel older or younger.
  16. I wore my favorite black and pinks shoes to church this morning.
  17. Jack sang happy birthday to me and it was adorable.
  18. I went ahead and had a second piece of cake.
  19. Just now, I ate the last two pieces of pecan pie. I think I'm going to wish they were there tomorrow when I get hungry for something sweet.
  20. I'm thinking about cutting my hair.
  21. I wish the season premiere of 24 wasn't on my birthday.
  22. My birthday is my favorite day, and I milk it.
  23. I still have those pink fuzzy socks on, I love them.
  24. I wish I was in bed right now.
  25. Track seven on Tyler's Spongebob CD makes me laugh out loud. "The best time to wear a striped sweater, is all the tiiiiiiime."
  26. I secretly fed lots and lots of ham scraps to my Dad and Mom's dog.
  27. We played a game of Apples to Apples this afternoon. That is a fun game.
  28. I think I am going to start collecting belt buckles.
  29. I'm so sad that my birthday is over.

21 comments:

Chilihead2 said...

Happy Birthday! What I wouldn't give to be 29 again. What am I saying? NO ONE ages past 29 so we're all in the clear!

Anonymous said...

I thought Lizzy looked more plump this evening. She wishes your birthday wasn't over, too!
Thanks for that wonderful night at the hospital so many years ago. We had no idea of how close we came to losing you or what lie ahead as we snuggled with our new little babe. You made your entrance as your greatgrandma was leaving. You were joy when we needed it. Your day might be over, but we always celebrate you!!
And stop feeding Lizzie under the table.....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heth!!! You're just a baby!! The socks I'm wearing right now are older than you. (Which means you probably smell better too.) And both those things should make you very happy.

Anonymous said...

Heth, you are SUCH a delight!!!

Dollymama said...

Happy Birthday!

I tagged you.

Randi said...

Happy Birthday!!!

We love the game "Apples to Apples"!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Love the 29 things. "Apples to Apples" is one of our favorite games.

sRa said...

happy day (late) :)

Natalie Joy said...

Happy Birthday. I love you so much. Thanks for our awesome friendship. I'm glad your birthday was such a great day.
P.S. I have a little gift for you. Can I come by Tues. morning about 11?

Melanie said...

Happy belated birthday! Lucky you ... I LOVE pecan pie! MMMMMMMM!

Rev60 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rev60 said...

Happy Birthday Heth! Can't wait for a year from now when you join the rest of us 30 somethings. Don't worry though, life does not end at 30, but your reflexes do start to slow.

Natalie Joy said...

Do you think we could get 29 comments up on Heth's post. Just for fun.

Anonymous said...

Natalie, that's a GREAT idea!!!

Heth, you have a FABULOUS sense of style!!!! All your cute shoes, your awesome hair, the way you decorate your house, even the greeting cards you pick out!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You have reached your FOREVER age...29, Baby!!!

Keep those fuzzy pink socks...they will look great on you in the nursing home!

I thought your hair was getting a little long...that means it's about time to cut it all off and start over again. Why not just go red or brunette??? Then get some funky highlights. You know you'll miss your long hair if you cut it...No wait...I mean Nate will miss your long hair if you cut it!

You are beautiful! You look the same now as you did when you were 20! (You just have a couple more kids in tow.) Did you ever think that you would have 6 adorable kids before you were even thirty?

TWENTY-NINE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela said...

Happy birthday!! I think you were gone on Sunday morning when I tried to find you to say it in person. I love sharing a birth month with you. ;-) And I'm happy to contribute to the goal of 29 comments.

Natalie Joy said...

Let's keep posting comments and telling Heth how wonderful she is until she gets a full 29 comments. Heth you're awesome and keep your hair long for just a couple more months so we can chop together for locks of love.

hannahjoy said...

I wish I had been on blogger the last few days so I would have known it was Heather's bday! Happy Belated, Heather!!!

Truth said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sheesh, gone for just a few days and I missed the party. Enjoy your last year of the 20's...oh wait, I forget, as everyone else has mentioned, you are now forever 29.

Angela said...

Okay, we'll keep this going - Heather has the best style. She even has awesome pregnant clothes! And her shoes rock - I am proud to say that we own the same pair of black open-toed heels with a flower on the top (and they're super high, too!). Someone else said her hair, and I have to concur. It's gorgeous! I just thought that when I saw you in church on Sunday.

Truth said...

I just realized that someone mentioned getting 29 comments on here since it was your 29th birthday. But we aren't there yet. So thought I would let you know again how very much I enjoyed getting together with you. You are a sweetie!