Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mexico

Nate has been out of town for the last week. He was on a mission trip to Mexico. I didn't say anything about him being gone while he was gone, you know, axe murderers and everything.

It was a roller coaster of a week. We had a couple crazy incidents with kiddos, one involving a child who scaled the front of the entertainment center in pursuit of a DVD on the top. Of course, like I have always warned would happen, the whole thing came crashing down on top of the child, who is totally OK by the way. Stuff like that. Dear, dear friends of ours moved away quite suddenly this week. We miss them already.

But through it all I had such an amazing emotional strength and peace. A peace that can't be explained. Nate arrived at ten forty five last night and it is so, so good to have him home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the way you write.

It does make you stronger, having your husband away and you being the sole one responsible for everything. But it IS so, so good to have him come home.

Sorry about your friends moving.

trash said...

inner fortitude is an amazing strength to possess.

gretchen from lifenut said...

Welcome back, Nate! I'd love to hear about his mission trip, Heth.

So scary about the entertainment center. Gulp.

jenni said...

The same thing has happened to us with a dresser. Climbing the stinkin' handles to reach something at the top. Good thing for gaurdian angels! So glad Nate is home. Miss our dear friends terribly!

kat said...

Do you have to bolt all of your furniture to the walls? I know if California we do that because of earthquakes but kids might be more likely!

Unknown said...

Welcome home, Nate! You are one amazing woman, Heth! Someday, these stories will be absolutely hilarious. :)

Truth said...

So glad to hear all is well. No wonder you have been on my heart so much. (God is so good.)

We had a huge t.v. come down like that. Such a scary possibility of how bad it could be.