Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How To Be Pregnant In the Summer

With the temps and humidity both hitting the 90s, (ok, maybe not the humidity, but it feels like it) I have discovered the secret of how to not swell up like a balloon this summer. The belly is swelling like a balloon, but it's supposed to.

Yesterday we headed to the pool at one o'clock. I planted my behind on the prickly cement, feet dangling in the water, it was the stuff dreams are made of. At least my dreams. I only had to leave for about forty five minutes to go to my 31 week appointment just a few blocks away. I went in my suit. I'm sure the OB appreciated that.

And then it was back to the pool. We didn't pack up and leave until seven pm. It was one of those days where the stars aligned and no one was whining to go home. At least until supper time. Today we are all moving a little cautiously, what with the pink shoulders and noses. I love it.

Now THIS is summer.

11 comments:

Truth said...

Ah, that sounds wonderful and just what you SHOULD be doing. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night thinking about you. (My cue to pray???)

Anyway, I was wondering how the pregnancy was going, how you are doing and all.

I wish you lived close by. I'd love to go to the pool with you.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

What a perfect day!

Duckygirl said...

Well now...this 30 week pregnant lady and her 7 kids spent the afternoon at the pool yesterday and are all pink today too! :)

Glad you had fun and a bit of relaxation!!

-Laura

Tina said...

and we're supposed to believe this is different from your normal summer routine? don't you spend your entire summer at the pool pregnant or not? ;)
Wait... have you ever had a summer when your not?

Nicole said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I sat my behind in a chair stuck to my phone and computer WAAA :) and tomorrow on my day off it is gonna rain DOUBLE WAAAAA

gretchen from lifenut said...

I love that you went to your appointment in your suit. Why not?

Your baby is going to be born tan and smelling of Coppertone and chlorine!

Anonymous said...

There is just something about spending lazy summer days at the pool that screams happy childhood!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Good 4 You!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great life. I haven't seen the sun in a month! Glad you're enjoying the summer and the pool.

-FringeGirl

Laura Lu said...

the scars left on your booty by the cement will just blend with the stretch marks so it's all good! tell me now, are you still sporting a bikini? ;)

Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Fantastic! I love that you went in your suit. LOL
Me, I am just glad that our newest one was born a few weeks ago. I don't know how I would do big pregnant in the deep south. :)