I must warn you. This could possibly be the most random and pointless 4 minutes and 2 seconds of your life. Things you need to know before you watch this:
- I cannot, for the life of me, maintain eye contact with a video camera. It's hard enough with real live people. With a video camera, I'm all over the place.
- Toby still wears 12 month clothes. Today I had 18-24 month pants on him. The poor kid cannot keep his pants up.
- My house really is a mess.
Internet, meet Heth. Heth, meet the internet.
39 comments:
"We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to inform you of technical difficulties... "
And I was all excited! Your video isn't working
It should be fixed now.
YAY!!!
I heart you. Big time.
And I love that your kids can devour a bunch of marshmallows in just a couple of minutes :)
That was a blast. I think it is most enjoyable when we have nothing to say. Why is that, I wonder...?
I'll go away now and ponder that deep thought.
Loved it! You are a natural in front of the video camera. I know none of us feel like it, but believe me you did so well! :)
Oh, Heth. How nice to really see your face and not just a Picasso'd chunk of it. You are such an amazing mom and blogger, and I'm honored to know you. Best of luck in the marathon this weekend. Funny-I'm not nervous about it all! :) You are in the top three running for "keepin' it real," since Toby lost his pants. Great job! Love ya, Linda
Oh Heth I loved this, I felt like it was the old days when I was sitting right across from you on the other couch (which isn't there anymore but you know). You are just adorable. I love it!
That was a great video...bribery always worked for me too!!! I would have liked to see the kids cheeks because they ate those marshmallows really fast! Love your blog! Good luck at the marathon
Lovin' the marshmallow trick - I am so stealing it! :)
Oh my word you are as cute as can be!
And i totally use the "smarshsmellow" trick (as my son calls them).
let's hear it for marshmellows...i gave my kids at youth "atomic bombs" to eat during our lesson...it was amazingly quiet until they reached down past the sweet layer and hit the heat...then, there was wiggling, running for the water cooler, and comparisons of whose tongue was the hottest! They asked me to do it again next week...maybe i'll take marshmellows...they don't burn your tongue.
Great post! I loved it. (I use the marshmallow trick already, TV works too). SEVEN kids!??!? Wow - you are amazing. And still made time to do the video. Kudos.
I used Candy corns to bribe mine 2.
Thanks for being authentic. Zits, eyebrows waxed. You do what ya gotta do right?
So nice to see you.
Blessings.
The bribery thing, PRICELESS, girl!
And the swooshy bangs.....BRILLIANT!
You can be my BFF if you want!
Good to put a face and voice to the blog. No need to pluck with those cute swoopy bangs! I'd use the time more productively...like getting your own big bowl of marshmallows.
Your video was great...very jealous you could pull it off so calmly. I'm a fellow runner too. Just starting training for my 3rd marathon this Feb. I'll definitely be back to check out your blog again and to see how your run goes...
So nice to "meet" you.
My 14 year old was watching over my shoulder and she likes your bangs. She also asked, "Who is this lady and why is she telling us this?" That made me chuckle, so I explained.
Thank you for being brave enough to do this! It is so fun to get to see real live bloggers.
Smiles!
Wow! SEVEN!! LOL - first time on your blog. Great video! Very entertaining!
BTW - You might be heavy on the commas.. LOL - I abuse exclamation points!! Perhaps, we need a Punctuation Users Anonymous.
Oh Heth. I am laughing...and laughing...and laughing. Trying to do it quietly because I'm secretly typing away in bed and Bella is sleeping close by :) ha. You are so funny. I wish I could be as funny as you. You're my idol. See you this weekend...wooooooo!
P.S. I demand more vlogging.
Oh my, you made me laugh so hard. My family called from the other room wanting to know what I was laughing at. You gotta do that more often.
What an exciting weekend you have coming up, I can't wait to hear about it and see pics of the marathon. Go Heather!!!!
(By the way, you don't need to pluck the eyebrows, you'd look gorgeous with even with a unibrow.)
Wha? Huh? I can't see it! I can't see the video!!!
(can you hear the hysterical whining?)
Laughing so hard at this entire thing, from start to finish. This was one of my favorite ones. :)
So excited for your marathon...wish I could come and cheer you on!
love it!
your accent rocks too :)
THAT IS TOTALLY HILARIOUS!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! that last comment said your accent?? WHAT we dont have an accent here!! Love the marshmallows and love that you ate one right on screen PRICELESS! and i feel a bit honored that I know get to also know you in real life!!! by the way anyone reading this, she is as totally cool and genuine and sweet in real life!!!!
Sara sent me here.
love it!!
ps. will you be my friend? =)
Awwww. Heth. I. MISS. you.
That was brilliant. You are fabulously beautiful! You are buff and toned...what's up with that, oh mother of a oodles of children?
I love your fond affection for sugar which was apparent in the vid.
You are going to ROCK this weekend! I'll be praying for ya!
Hugs, dear friend!!!!!
My only question? How someone with seven kids could look so darn slim and fantastic!?!
You did a great job...you seemed relaxed, humorous, and you look fantastic.
Gah! All I can see is the bit where you're checking to see if your head is in the right place...then it turns off! :( What's going on???
As dragon tales would say....
Loooovvvvveeeeedddd IT!
Glad to know that I am not the only mom who bribes my kids with marshmallows! They do work wonders!
Running a marathon! WOW! I just did my first 5k in September! I can not imagine a marathon. You rock!
It was so nice to "see" you!
this was so fun to watch! really just the fact that you have seven kids and you know where they all are....impressive! fun to watch! you are too cute too!
I am thinking about doing this but it seems like all the people that read my blog already know me....I will have to put some thought in it first! not that you didn't... ha ha! *smile*
This video is great, and I love the "be right back, marshmallow duty." Now I know the unspoken rule - whenever meeting people from the Internet, pluck eyebrows. That's what you do. Check. :)
That was so cute... you are adorable. :-) When I would want my kids to leave me alone for a few minutes I would throw a huge handful of goldfish craqckers all over the carpet and tell the "puppies" to eat them before our dog did. :-p
HE-EETHH! (said in the same tone of voice as Mo-ooomm!!) I can't see it. It only plays about 15 seconds then quits. What am I doing wrong??? I want to see you!
i love you!
Heth, you HILARIOUS! Too funny. You had me laughing out loud through the whole thing. So glad to see you on screen. You're a beauty.
This has to be just the start in your video log series!
Can't wait to hear how the marathon went.
This was fantastic. It's fun to "see" you and not just read.
and the marshmellow CRACK ME UP!
Blessings ... and your blog is GREAT!
Heth, I ((heart)) you.
Post a Comment