So it turns out that when they said "washes out in 28 shampoos", they really meant 3 shampoos. The red is mostly gone. I can never hold red. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. *sniffle* You would think I would have figured that out after this many attempts at being a redhead. If only my grandma's red hair gene could have been dominant. Darn it.
(See how I'm ignoring all requests for photos? I'm doing a great job aren't I? Besides, who wants to see a photo of some one's hair that was kind of reddish for 3 days or so and now is just boring old brown again.)
Soooo, anyway. What else? Oh, I'm scarce around these parts because I'm deeply entrenched in what I like to call the Organizational Blitz of 2007. It has been a long time coming. It seems that over the summer, little naughty elves invaded my home and wreaked all kinds of havoc. Oh wait, those elves are my children. The clutter! It was suffocating me. And you know that I can tolerate a whole lot of unorganization, so it must have been pretty bad. Yes it was. I attacked it head on. Wait, no I didn't. I avoided it for days and ended up just jumping from task to task to task like a pinball machine, never completing a single thing I started. That actually is a really great description of most of my days, a pinball machine. Obviously I'm the ball, just bouncing around making annoying dinging noises. Finally something clicked and the stars aligned, and I got it together, at least a little bit. I'm pretty happy with some of the progress I have made. I've still got a lot to do but I am encouraged in my efforts.
Example:
One day last week on an impulse I decided that the green couch just had to go so I drug it out the front door by myself. Oh, and Jack helped. (he's 4) Just about the time I had it stuck on it's side halfway in and halfway out, and right after I had just climbed literally on my hands and knees out the door, under the couch, my neighbor showed up and asked if I needed any help. Um yes. Yes I do. This is a neighbor I have never met before. I introduced myself in all my sweaty, stinky, glory, because I had just spent a good ten minutes in a full contact wrestling match with a large piece of furniture. He helped me haul that couch out to the garage where it still sits, minus the cushions, the kids are using those for a fort. We are a little bit ghetto.
Who am I kidding, we are a lot ghetto.
23 comments:
LOL, oh I've been ghetto so many times! (Dh does not appreciate anything remotely ghetto...well except for everything IN our house for the first 15 years or so.) We hid it from the neighbors so well, just never let them in the door.
Sorry to hear about the hair. I have red hair about once every couple of weeks, then I'm just a faded color.
i'm always ghetto
Oh I am so ghetto, too! I love hearing about other non-normal people. It makes me feel more ... normal!
We all have our ghetto days. I don't think this will make you feel any better, but when I was a kid I used to beg, plead, and cry to my mother to let me dye my hair brown. Yes, I just couldn't stand my red hair another day.
Just call me Ann-with-an-e Shirley
I'm sorry your red didn't last.
In case you were wondering, very dark brown hair + Natural Instincts #30 (Rosewood) = purple. After a few days it's burgundy. And if you go to bed with wet hair, it will rub off on the pillow case.
I like to call it redneck...or country...that's what we are ;) Not on purpose...but because we get sidetracked. There is rarely a time when there isn't an extra car in our driveway (PROBABLY LEAKING OIL) and my husband is tired and avoiding fixing it...even though his wife makes a point to mention said car at least once a week...ok...I'll go with ghetto...
jtcosby@comcast.net
www.cosbyfamily.wordpress.com
Your ghetto ROCKS! And I wish I could be right there in the middle of it!!!! You know what you should do, is pull that couch into the drive way, set up that projector and watch a movie on the side of the house!! Nate did that awhile back, it was awesome. I think you should get permanent red if the semi-perm didn't hold. Red is sooooo gorgeous on you.
Just today, seriously, Ethan said he wanted to help me clean for when Aunt Heather comes. He dusted and picked up alllll the baby toys in the living room. He's ready for you to visit. And so am I.
You ain't no ghetto! You have once again provided your children with yet another instrument of creativity. And when it gets hauled away, they will wait with baited breath for the next surprise item to be launched forth from the house with which they can imagine wild and wonderful things!
i love the picture, haha, only because i have been there!! love it.
I love before and after pics. Of home organization and hair. Hint. Hint.
OH MY GOSH ... I love it. A PINBALL MACHINE!!! I never knew how to describe my days ... jumping from one thing to the next! PINBALL MACHINE! You are a genius.
As for the hair ... I have colored my hair blond for 15 years, and now I want to go back to my natural color (without the pain of actually growing it out), so I've been coloring it brown ... and the blond seeps through within a week. So frustrating.
hello! i LUV your blog. Not enuf pics tho and I think you probably get that a lot. I wished i could see pics of your 7 children insanity! I can't even imagine (mother of 1). You're so descriptive and your "boring" is not boring at all to me. seriously.
Heth, you are a seasoned hair colorer, but all info. is new to me, so I am passing on something you probably know, but just in case---the shampoo, and especially the condidioner we use right before coloring can impact the hairs ability to accept the color. Mol says absolutely NO conditioner. I'm wondering if a cleansing shampoo would make a difference.(mol also leaves hers on extra long processing time)
Now ghetto would be if you leave the green couch on your front porch and claim it's "outdoor furniture". Especially if it's minus the cushions:)
lol
ROTFL!! At least it's not a toilet. We renovated our bathroom a couple of years ago and just set the toilet outside the garage (facing the street) for a few days while we got done. Then a few days turned into a couple of weeks. Then our neighbor showed up and threatened to poison our pets if we didn't remove it, PRONTO. Haha! No she didn't. But she thought it.
Yeah, what is it with red. My natural color has the richness of gray cardboard. If they boxed my color, they could call it, "Medium Marvelous Mousey Gray."
Ghetto is good. Try redneck. That fits us!
Ghetto shmetto! A fort sounds FUN!!
We must be ghetto too! We had a couch live in our garage for most of the summer. I got tired of picking up the pillows off the living room floor so I wrestled the couch and pillows out to the garage (sans neighbor, you lucky!) and then spent the summer picking up the pillows off the garage floor.
I learned when I was a teenager that Red has the largest color pigments and for some reason that makes it harder for your hair to keep/hold and that is why it fades so fast. If you're dedicated, you can buy red shampoo. It can help.
I am awaiting the NEW red after all the above advice! Drum roll please....
Ptttttttttttttttttttttttttt(that was the drum roll, but if you do it too long, it tickles too much.)
Funny! I totally relate to the pinball comment. I was actually pondering today on how I could get more done online and in my house. The conclusion? -->I need a personal assistant, maid, and webdesigner! They can work and I will go on vacation!
Do it again!! Let's go! Come on!! Try the permanent color! Those don't wash out as quickly! Go Go Go Go Go Go!!
Post a Comment