So I was just doing dishes in the kitchen and from the next room I overheard Barney singing with the little children "If you're happy and you know it..." That's when the thought crossed my mind, "Can you be happy and NOT know it?" Seriously people, I need to get out of the house.
11 comments:
Now that was funny! How's the training going for your 1/2 marathon?
Pam You will be sorry you asked. I've dropped the training. I'm still running 4 days a week but I'm going to keep the runs short and ditch all speed work. I'm having pain in my right leg, it's the arch of my foot and my IT band. I have been icing them every morning and every night for probably two and a half weeks now. It's funny, I use a mini ice bath for my foot and then use a dish towel to tie a bag of peas to my knee. The kids think I am crazy. New shoes are in order. Part of the reason I'm so quick to ditch on this race is that I haven't even officially registered yet *phew*, no entry fee to eat. I was running into childcare issues since the race is 2 1/2 hours away on a Sunday morning. Not a good fit for our family schedule right now. Sunday is a work day for Nate.
Anyway. BLEH. It's frustrating. I think I probably could finish training and run it if I really pushed it and babied my injuries, but I don't want to. Toby isn't even 4 months old, there is no rush. Maybe in the spring.
I love how you think! I don't think you can be happy and not know it, but frankly, I had never thought about it. Blessings. jean
Actually, yes. Yes, you can be happy and not know it. Or at least not know the extent or depth. My happiest years were when I was "under the laundry pile" while my kids were mesmerized by a dopey purple dinosaur. And let's not forget those who leave green grass for possibly greener.
Amen, says the girl who was noticing the other day that Joe on Blue's Clues is actually very handsome...
When I started singing the Barney Theme song at my part time job and all the other mothers started yelling at me because then it was "stuck in their heads"...I kept hearing "I love you, You love me...DARN YOU JANEAN!!" for the rest of the day.
And then there is Lambchops favorite "This is the Song that never ends, it just goes on and on my friend..." and I thought the same as you did. SURE IT CAN END...you just SHUT UP! :D
Been awhile since I've stopped in. I'm glad all is well with you.
LOL. That cracks me up!
I admire you for having so many kids. Due to my own self diagnosis discovery I don't think I could handle having as many kids as you do. If you read my post, you will agree I'm sure. I'm weird.
New shoes are definitely in order! I adore Asics and I hate to break in a new pair, but I ran my last pair into the ground. Couldn't figure out why I'd have shin splints and foot pain after running all these years until I really thought about how many miles I'd logged on my shoes - I was soooooo due for a new pair! So I coughed up the money for a new pair and my first run in them was incredible - no pain! So go grab yourself some fancy schmancy new shoes and then enter a Saturday morning race:) And running 4 days a week and taking care of your family is no small feat, so don't be too hard on yourself. Running is running - just enjoy it for what it is and just run - don't get frustrated:)
I'm not sure if you can be happy and NOT know it (although I like what Linda said a few comments up), but why is it that when certain people are NOT happy, they seem to want to tell EVERYONE about it?
I think it is wonderful! Says to me your mind is still functioning.
Hope your foot heals quickly. You mentioned your knees. I have noticed when my diet is high in sodium, (like the morning after eating pizza or lots of sunflower seeds/popcorn) my joints ache. My sister had the same problem and thought she had arthritis. Her doctor confirmed she did not. Part of her problem is she gets dehydrated from flying-she's a flight attendant. Also her high salt diet and she finds it especially bad if she drinks a glass of wine at night. Anyway, just my rambling thoughts. Probably nothing to do with your knees.
OMG - I just laughed OUT LOUD and scared myself. That is so funny. I have a newborn now and need all the adult humor I can get.
Post a Comment