Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Fashion No-no

Gemma,

I know you are only two and that you haven't fully developed your own sense of style yet. (although your hot pink cowboy boots are fab) I just wanted to give you a heads up. Fluorescent yellow is not one of the hot new colors for fall. Especially as a lip gloss. So you can stop smearing it all over your mouth every time you find a highlighter pen laying around. Just trying to help you out hun.

Mom

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe she needs a more appropriate color, I think I might have a pink one laying around...

Kelli said...

*snort*

Anonymous said...

Don't leave any black Sharpies lying around, or you'll have a Goth girl on your hands.

Love the hot pink cowboy boots---I know which ones you are talking about because I was eyeing them for Beatrix. But they don't come in her size, yet.

Truth said...

Dying laughing here! I'm sure she looks just fabulous with yellow lips.

meNmykids said...

Maybe it's more "in" than you think, my little darling has similar tastes. Maybe we're just getting too staid?

Ann said...

Hahahaha! That makes me think of Caedmon's mustaches. You've got a picture of that somewhere don't you?

Cecily R said...

If my mom had blogged back in the 80's I am CERTAIN she would have written a similar post about my spectacular electric blue mascara!

Unknown said...

HA omg I love that, made me laugh so dang hard. yano though its not just girls, i have a 5 year old son who thinks he looks awesome with green mustaches. or red. sometimes blue. well, any marker he can find.

Anonymous said...

ok, it's genetic. did i ever try to say anything about DRAMATICALLY RED lipstick in the 90's?????
Heth's friends who participated- are ya there???? Sara? Jen? Lori????
Love kelli's comment- snort?!
and diana always gives such wise advice....

hannahjoy said...

lol. you crack me up, heth.

Caffeine Court said...

My 4-year old digs the goth look too! She's all about dark purple eyeshadow on and under her eyes. I'm afraid someone is going to call the Department of Youth and Family Services on me.

Unknown said...

HI! I like the comment from Momzie about the DRAMATIC red lipstick in the 90's. I have photo evidence, Heth. :)
Love. Your. Blog. Always a good pick-me-up of laughter. You dun good!