The Laundry Pile Family Fourth of July festivities were great. One of the highlights for us every year is the parade. Last year we WERE the parade, this year even more so. The night of the 3rd we made these firecracker crowns with friends. Nothing says "I love America" like staying up until midnight assembling red white and blue head wear with the kiddos. We just used construction paper instead of the craft foam and we left off the pipe cleaners.
So you can imagine the attention we drew when our troop filed down the parade route looking for seats. Hello! Floppy construction paper headed children coming this way! We scored some seriously good loot.
- A huge popcorn bowl full of candy. (I am the mean mom who waits 12 hours and then dumps every one's candy together into a community pot)
- Various temporary tattoos that are now splatted all over my children's bodies
- Coupons for movie rentals and free ice cream cones
- No fewer than 15 pencils bearing the names and numbers of insurance agents in the surrounding small towns
- 11 plastic cups from Domino's Pizza
- A sugar high that will last for a week and a half
8 comments:
SCORE! Way to get the loot.
Okay, I HAVE to see a picture of all of you in those hats!!!!
I had fun too! Yes, I want to see pictures! We had a fun July 4 party at our house, and only 1 week before baby! LOL. Imagine that.
How cool are those crowns! Wish I'd seen those. We were scrambling yesterday trying to come up with patriotic clothing and such. Usually I pain the girls nails with red, white/ blue with fireworks decals, but with so much company, I just ran out of time. By the time everyone showed up at my house I was wearing tan shorts and a white shirt. My son looked at me and said, "wow Mom, you look so very patriotic."
Anyway, you are making such great memories for your kids. Glad you made such a grand entrance at the parade.
We want photos, we want photos....
Come one everyone, join in the chant!
We want photos.....
The only thing wrong with a July 4th parade is it's too hot to pass out chocolate! Tootsie rolls don't count.
It was soo much fun. (After our one mile trek). The kids looked so cute. We landed lots of loot too. I'll be sure to send you the newspaper photo. Thanks for including our kids.
i thought i saw something bopping around on their heads! i'll never forget when nate sold glow sticks!
Woohoo!! Finally, a kindred spirit who actually enjoys the broiling temperatures of summer. Ahhhh...listen to me sizzle.
VERY cool crowns, too.
Post a Comment