Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Lunch At the Laundry Pile House

PB and J, Assembly Line Style

18 comments:

Truth said...

LOL, we both posted about PBJ'S?

meNmykids said...

I love it! People laugh at my assembly line life too.

melanie said...

and the huge jar of skippy watching in the background, which lasts a week? between that and toilet paper.. have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I actually started mixing the peanut butter and jelly and putting it back in the peanut butter jar because that way the jelly doesn't drip out of the sandwich while they are eating ;)
Tam

Ann said...

HAHA! I just remembered once when you made toast, or maybe it was pizza, and didn't even bother with plates. You literally shuffled them out like a deck of cards. "Here you go, kids!" It was GREAT! I miss you!!!

nicole said...

So am I the only person in the world that puts the jelly on one piece of bread and the PB on the other? I have seen most of my friends put it all on the same piece of bread and am beginning to feel like a sandwich weirdo. ;)

Anonymous said...

4andcounging- i put my pb & jelly on a seperate piece of bread!

Heth I love the picture and the thought of an assembaly line lunch making fiesta! It also made me think how much bread (and food) you must go through at your home!

Truth said...

Oh wait, somebody mentioned Skippy? Now where did I get the idea that you were a "Choosy" mother?

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

This is just precious. I'm glad you had presence of mind to realize how sweet this would be look at someday and snap this for posterity.

Heth said...

Truth- Yep, you are right, I'm a self proclaimed choosy mother. I was buying Jif for awhile, but this last time I decided to try Skippy. I like it. Have I mentioned how much I love peanut butter?

Trina said...

Assembly lines are the only way to go! hehehe

Sabriena said...

Looks like fun! Our assembly lines consist of asking one or the other of us oldest girls to please make everybody's sandwiches! Otherwise, it's first come first serve!

Unknown said...

Impressive! I learned the pizza cutter trick from you too (what a great idea!).

Tina said...

that's awesome!

I'd love to see what your family does to a nasty GREEK CASSEROLE!

Anonymous said...

that's pretty great! I love peanut butter jelly sandwiches!! there the best!! (nacho voice)

Natalie Joy said...

I rember assembly lines like that on the weekends to make all the sandwiches for school lunches during the week. Gotta love PB&J!

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

Looks like my house! LOL
:)



www.yestheyareallmine.wordpress.com

Pamela said...

This is an absolutely wonderful picture.
It just says it all.