Aren't they cute? Don't you just want to pinch their cheeks and make kissy noises? I do. When I saw that they were under five dollars, I didn't even blink. I slipped one of them on my foot just to make sure they fit and then I threw them in my cart and went on to do the shopping that I actually came to the store to do. I can't go to Target and not look at shoes. It goes against everything I believe in.Fast forward to this morning. I'm getting the crew ready for church and was ready to start loading them up to leave. Sunday mornings are a bit of a whirlwind and shoes and lip gloss are the last things on my list of things to do. Like every other Sunday, I slipped my shoes on just before I walked out the door and I put my lip gloss on as I drove away from the house. I finally took a deep cleansing breath as I sat myself down in the row, all the children delivered to their classrooms. I noticed that one of my shoes was rubbing a bit and causing a little discomfort but I expected that out of seven and a halfs. I probably would have been more comfortable in an eight but they were out and what are you going to do? No pain, no gain. It's a motto I live by. I looked down at my feet and was perplexed. Why was my right shoe an inch and a half longer than the back of my heel? I took them off and flipped them over. 7 1/2 on the left shoe 9 1/2 on the right. Yes, you read that correctly, my right shoe was two full sizes bigger than the left. This is a new shoe shopping low. Never have I purchased shoes of completely different sizes and worn them for a half an hour before noticing. I guess love truly is blind.
22 comments:
Wrong sizes or not, they are SO CUTE! I *heart* Target too. I can always find at least one little gem hidden in its aisles somewhere!
Now that is funny. Love indeed is blind. So is the love affair to continue? Or has the light cleaned your rose colored glasses?
CUTE CUTE CUTE~ The shoes and the story!
"A new shopping low" prompted laughter so loud that the child is asking me "what's so funny" from two rooms away.
Great story! It's one of those blond moments you just have to tell everbody about, right! So I wonder if you can get a refund?
that's great! it's like getting ready for a wedding last night, was it obvious that we spent 5 minutes getting ready and that approx 20 seconds was devoted to mom?? i hope they have another 7.5 or is someone trying to squeeze on your cinderella slipper somewhere?
Those are CUTE shoes! And I think it's funny that you ended up with two such different sizes....
oooooh, those are too cute! Maybe I can find a pair in red. :) What are you gonna do with your mismatched pair?
Love your blog!
http://yestheyareallmine.wordpress.com/
Rolling on the floor here! They are cute, but not in two different sizes. Heather, you are sooo funny.
That is so something I would do only I am lucky if they are the same shoe on either foot.
My tummy hurts from laughing with you, not at you. That is hysterical. The shoes are divine.
lol! I thought you were going to say you had a different shoe on each foot! One white, one black...oh well, shoes or no shoes you got to church on time with all of your kids:) We have 5 children and Sunday mornings are like one giant wind storm in our house. It's so nice to get them to their classrooms and then sit down and finally be able to breathe:)
Hilarious. Girl, I am right with you on the no pain, no gain shoe philosophy. They are cute enough to pinch, but it seems like one is pinching back. I hope you get it all straightened out. They are so cute it's worth the trouble.
They are ADORABLE! Don't feel bad, I would TOTALLY do something like that!
Heather, I wanted to mention that you are a *star* on my blog today.
that is an absolutely fantabulous story!! I love it!
Haha, funny - so are you going to take them back to target, or just swallow those 5 dollars?
That just cracks me up!!
Laughing
Out...
Loudly!
And didn't Nate notice it too sitting in church?
Oh, and do you wonder if someone is wearing the other "pair"?
love the title of your blog. And this story was funny . Hope your feet have recovered a little.
This is way too funny!!! My throat is hurting tonight and laughing is making it worse, but oh, how hard it is to make my body stop convulsing!
Post a Comment