Thursday, May 25, 2006

Two for Togetherness. A meme.

Twelve years ago, Chilihead tagged me for this meme. Being the procrastinator that I am, I'm finally getting around to it. Twelve years later.





2 things you compliment your husband on while in his presence.
1. How great he looks in his brown corduroy pants.
2. He rocks at the internet.


2 compliments you make about your spouse to your friends.
1. He knows a little bit about EVERYTHING.
2. He is a master lawn-smith.

2 traits you married him/her for.
1. His heart for God.
2. His commitment.

2 days you cherished the most with your husband being together.
Okay, the obvious answers would be our wedding day and the birth of our kids, so I'm going to say those are a given and require myself to list two OTHERS.
1. We lived in Grand Forks North Dakota when the city was flooded in '97. The whole town was evacuated and we fled our home with our two little babies in a line of cars that was miles and miles long. It was scary but I felt safe with him. We made it though that day together.
2. When I had a miscarriage. He just held me and let me cry.

2 material things you could give your husband if you just inherited a fortune.
1. A gift certificate to Tiger Direct. Because there is NO WAY I can pick out computer stuff for him.
2. A riding lawn mower and a house with a big yard to go with it.

2 things you would miss the most if she/he left for two weeks.
1. Know that he is there when I hear scary noises that could possibly be axe-murderers.
2. Sitting and talking with him after all the kids leave the dinner table.

2 thoughts that crossed your mind when you first met/saw your spouse.
1. Oh my gosh. Look at those eyelashes.
2. He's a junior AND a football player. Wow.

2 favorite dates
1. When we were teenagers, we spent an evening ice skating on the river. It was dark and we were the only ones on the ice. The huge slow snowflakes were falling down through through the light of the street lamp. It was a magical moment.
2. The midnight showing of Star Wars Episode Three. It wasn't really a date, some of his buddies were there too, but he let me come along. We are geeks like that.

2 funny odd things you love.
1. Can it be a love/hate thing? Three words: Restless leg syndrome.
2. He loves the movie "The Last of the Mohicans" and can hum the soundtrack. And does. Often.

2 places you have lived with your spouse.
1. The ghetto
2. married student housing

2 favorite vacations
1. Omaha zoo and stealing firewood from an old man's garage
2. Chicago in the winter and the dangerous trip he made to the downtown pharmacy for our sick little Caedmon.

2 people I tag
1. Melanie, Yes they are all hers.
2. The lady who hides in her bathroom.

12 comments:

iridium said...

*tear*

thanks baby.

Anonymous said...

i love it! y'all are so CUTE, too!

and thanks - i just found 2 new blogs to visit!

Angela said...

Okay, this is so fun!!! I may have to try it one of these days even though you didn't tag me!

I would love to hear both Melanie's and Mrs. Bathroom's, too!

GiBee said...

Sniff, sniff...

Wait a sec ... is iridium ... HIM ... ???

melanie said...

sniffle, sniffle, you guys are great. didn't think that i could love you more.

Tina said...

I'd love to hear more about the firewood in the old man's garage...

iridium said...

Yah gibee i'm HIM...as in her HIM...not THE HIM.

Chilihead2 said...

Isn't that the best meme ever? I love to brag on my DH. ;) What's weirder is I love it when others brag on theirs!

Truth said...

Ah, what great answers. Love the pic, must have been taken before you cut your hair. You gotta get an updated one of you and hubby.

Nettie said...

This is the most romantic meme ever. I love your ice skating story. And it was fun to see the photo!

Natalie Joy said...

You guys are so cute and such an inspiration to us "younger"? couples!! Love you guys.

Brenda said...

Remembering you in Mr. Sages class at the end of our senior year, I must say I am a witness that you two have not only beat the odds, you have run them over. I say this in the voice of christ, I am proud of you!!! *tears* You are an inspiration to all of us mommys trying to make it in a tough world.