You know how on the show the "unknown monster thing" tears up trees and stuff? It kind of reminds me of a two year old in a patch of lilies of the valley. Know how I know that? Because today my little Jack, who is unrelated to Jack on the show, stood in my lilies of the valley and ripped them right out of the ground, tossing shiny green leaves
all over like a savage beast. Not really sure what he was thinking....I love my flower beds but they are suffering at the hands of my children. Gemma was found gnawing on the chives this morning. Countless plants have been trampled as they tried to emerge through the soil and mulch. Some have been sacrificed for the "greater good" aka, digging for worms. All but three of the little round buds on the peonies have disappeared AGAIN. This is the third year with minimal blooms. I admit it though, they do scream, "Pick me! Pick me!"
I wish I had some lilac bushes, then my life would be complete. I pick them over at my parents' house, bring them home, and then I take hits off of the lilac bong all day. The scent is absolutely intoxicating.
*Nate, Tyler, and I. Yes, we are such responsible parents. He's eleven, he can handle it.
20 comments:
Jack can talk so good now. He's great. You know I have lilac bushes now and I know how you can take some of the new sprouts home...you want me to dig some up for you????
I love you even more know. You are obsessed with Lost? Oh, this makes me so happy. Chilihead and I regularly dish on it, so you can join our party now!
That was supposed to be "I love you even more NOW", not "know". Yes, I was an English major.
I've never watched Lost. Did they ever say what the monster thing was? Was it like an ape or a tiger?
On another note, is there a Sunday School song about Lilly of the Valley...goes something like:
"He is the Lillie of the Valley. He is the bright and morning star..." For some reason I remember singing a song like that, or my mom used to. Maybe I should ask her.
wow instead of being hippie parents that take "hits" of hashish through a bong you are now equipping your children to become intoxicated by the refreshing scent of STOLEN lilac...
and yes we rented Lost season 1...and greys anatomy..kinda like Dallas and ER put together...
Oooh lilacs. I finally got a house with lilacs...just a little bush in the back (I think one of the mini varieties). Anyway...Bella and I picked a bunch and put them in a vase and all day long their scent wafted throughout the house, making me insanely happy. Like couldn't be better. THEN, Matt walks in, takes one whiff and says "Oh my word...what is that? I think I might be sick!". So, needless to say, I forgot to to the "loves lilacs" screening test before we got married. :) We just move them when he is around now. How can you not love lilacs?
That's so funny. I saw your cute profile photo somewhere and had to pop in for a visit. :)
i have to say I want so bad to have a "green thumb" but i don't think that i do...
Oh, I love LOST too!! Love it. Mike had promised to buy me the first season on DVD for Mother's Day, but he didn't. Oh well.
As to the garden ... oh, sometimes reading your posts strikes fear into my heart. I LOVE my garden, and Tom is already like a little godzilla, crawling over my newly-planted snapdragons and sunflower seedlings, mashing them into the dirt.
Or like a giant Polar bear in Hawaii, depending on which version you like.
Oh. Tell me they don't decapitate the peonies.
Darlene- Welcome. All sorts of craziness goes on over here. Well, I guess it just depends on how you look at it. Mostly it's just stories about my kids.
Goslyn- Just keep praying that Tom won't be a plant decapitator. I'll tell you whatthough, I'd trade all my flower beds for my rambunctious crew anytime. I'd love to see some photos of your handiwork. I mean, green-thumbdy work. :)
We are "Lost" fanatics too. It is crazy how excited we are for the season finale on Wednesday. Hubby and I share our "Lost" theories with each other and have so much fun with the show.
I haven't jumped on the Lost bandwagon myself. I tried to watch it in the beginning, but that's one of those shows you really have to concentrate on and watch every week. Doesn't happen for me. Maybe I'll rent the DVDs!!
I don't watch lost.
After all ... how long can people stay lost without killing each other, eating each other, or finding each other?
No attraction for me.
I like House. Now, THAT's a show I can get into ... the man is a total wacko!!! Cracks me up!
LOVE LOST!!! I am so glad you're hooked we'll have to chat soon.
Peonies are my fav, but have never been able to get my one sorry bush to grow well.
I am a TV rebel. I won't watch Lost, Survivor, American Idol or any other show that has America blogging about it every week.
I'm with GiBee. House is one of my favorites. Says what he thinks.
I LOVE Lost! Shannon and I are addicted! We'll have to get an IM going after the finale on Wednesday.
When my grandmother died last year, I was able to take part of her lilac bush and plant it in front of my house. For a year it looked like I just stuck a stick in the mud. Then, miraculously, it sprouted leaves this spring. I cannot wait for it to grow even more this year.
You are not the only person to never have watched Lost. I hadn't until tonight, when I watched the first episode. When do we find out what the unnamed monster is? Do you know yet?
I want to be all caught up so I can watch the 3rd season live in the fall. Also I needed something to replace Grey's anatomy, the only show I watch.
I also became a LOST addict via DVD. Now you can watch season 2 episodes at abc.com.....
RE: Lost
So now I guess I am the only person who hasn't seen it!
I love lilacs! In our old house, we had bushes that grew just below the living room windows, so when you opened them the breeze that came in was scented with them. Heavenly! Too bad lilac season is so short.
I am also a huge LOST fan! I started watching reruns over the summer last year and got hooked. I love trying to figure out the mysteries! And for those wondering, we barely saw any of th smoke monster this season at all, so it is still an unknown.
Post a Comment