Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XL

This is the only football game I watch all season. Three observations:

  • The Steelers' Quarterback, I think his name is Roethlisberger, reminded me of Will Ferrell when he had his helmet on. When it was off, not so much. When it was on, all I could think of is "More cowbell!"
  • The font they used for the numbers on the Steelers' jerseys just didn't look quite right. It's like they were trying too hard.
  • The commercials weren't that great. A couple of them cracked me up, mostly the beer ones.

We skipped the halftime show and since we were TiVoing it, we fast forwarded through everything that was unnecessary. (Movie previews, local commercials, really boring commentators.) Now THAT'S the way to watch a football game.

10 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

More Cowbell!!! lol!!!! I didn't notice until you pointed it out, but I think you are right. As long as the helmet is on...
Commercials did stink. And, wow, that you took time to notice the font. ;)

Anonymous said...

One of the commercials made me *cry*---that Dove commercial with all the little girls. I can honestly say that was the first time a Super Bowl commercial made me cry.

Heth said...

Linsey-Nice to have you stop by!
Will Ferrell cracks me up. In fact, I'm giggling now just mentioning his name.

Mopsy-That Dove commercial WAS very sweet. I love what they are doing with the Real Beauty campaign. I think it is long overdue.

One of the commercials did tug at my heart strings but I'm a bit hesitant to admit it since once again, it was a beer commercial. (I don't even drink the stuff!)
Yep, the little horse, pulling the wagon all by himself with a little help from mom and dad. Ok, I'm a dork.

mommy to six J's said...

The little horse got me as well.Some of them where funny and some were very sleazy I will take funny any day.Consider yourself lucky that you didn;t have to subject your self to the Rolling Stones Mick Jagger all grown up and old.Scary scary scary

Anonymous said...

Seattle was playing in their pajamas and you only notice the Steeler's font? Huh?

The comercilas were terrible this year, and don't even get me started on how gross the lip man is! What does anyone see or hear in them?

Anonymous said...

Oh how funny did you see how I spelled commercials? HAHAHAHA

Tanya Nichols said...

Hilarious commercial was the Sprint locker room commercial you can watch it over at ifilms so hilarioussss .. i love dry humor...

Jenn said...

bwaaaahahah! I KNOW what you mean! I was thinking of his face with an Elf hat on.."Did ya hear that??!!!"

PS. I love Dove. I buy them just because they think I'm beautiful! hehehe freckles and all.

Tina said...

oops missed it again.

Anonymous said...

You know, I myself am not a drinker either. I can't get past the smell with beer. But, I thoroughly enjoyed that beer commercial where the crowd was flipping signs to make it look like a bottle on one side of the stadium was being poured out into a glass on the other side...and so on and so forth. Cool effect! Maybe it was a cg, but still a cool idea.