Thursday, February 16, 2006

Snowed in and Snowed out

I'm not sure who is getting the better end of the deal, it's still undecided.

The big snow storm hit and the kids and I are snowed in. Nate is traveling for work and decided to stay an extra night and not to risk driving home until the roads are plowed, he is snowed out. Let's weigh both sides.....

Snowed out: A hotel room with five pillows. Five stinking pillows. He even shared the love and emailed me a picture of the beautiful beautiful five pillows. I cried a little bit.

Snowed in: Three little kids, sleeping on your head. One was scared, one just wanted to sleep with mommy, and the baby was a raging furnace of fever. It was like sleeping with in campfire.

Snowed out: Eating out. Steak I think.....

Snowed in: Eggs for supper. But tonight, homemade chicken noodle soup. We will fight these colds until the very end. Take THAT you persistent runny noses!

Snowed out: Browsing IKEA alone.

Snowed in: Taking six kids to two stores. In a blizzard. Come on, you can't blame me, we didn't want eggs for supper two nights in a row.


Because I was feeling sorry for myself, I ate a few more brownies than I should have, and now I'm going to bed. You know how Sumo wrestlers gain all that weight? They binge and then take a nap. Hmmmmmm

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you can laugh about it. You are laughing, right??

Natalie Joy said...

Don't ya hate it when the guys are gone? Bill almost went to Breakaway but with two revery kids of our own, he stayed home. Hope NTG gets home soon.

Truth said...

Hmmmm...I think I'd choose being snowed in-just kidding of course, give me the snowed out, all alone and lonely. Hope those little ones are feeling better very soon. Eat a brownie for me too.

Rev60 said...

Is he bringing you something home from Ikea? I mean that sounds reasonable to me. Maybe he took one of the five pillows from the hotel home for you.

Randi said...

Why is it the dads are always the ones snowed out? You never really hear of a mom who is "forced" to stay away from her kids for days--shopping alone, eating alone, sleeping alone. Oh, the agony! ;)

Hope your honey gets home soon! And, enjoy those brownies!

Anonymous said...

LOL~this brought back memories. A "100 Year" blizzard hit Denver on March 17-19, 2003. We got 60+ inches of snow at our house. Where was my dear hubby?

In Washington, D.C. Snowed out.

I was snowbound with my mom, four small children, and pregnant with Joel. I still complain about those three days (me=whiner). Perhaps it would have been easier to bear if I had a tray of brownies and enough diapers for Tommy.

Chilihead2 said...

Ain't it the truth? Hang in there and have a brownie for me.

mommy to six J's said...

Here's to blue skies and no snow.

Amie said...

Five Pillows or lots of brownies.....toss up for me. I'll take the steak, though! Harry calls every night when he's out of town and let's me know what he had for supper. Steak, lobster, chicken galore......mmmm.....getting hungry.......

Tanya Nichols said...

Oh Mrs. laundry...I would say that sumo wrestlers Eat out alot AND they sleep in hotels...maybe we are in the wrong profession....BROWNIES, PILLOWS aaaannnndddd STEAK...ohmaword you have found THE MOST perfect job...