Monday, February 20, 2006

Why the government might take my children away.



Today was grocery day. Grocery day means full cupboards but nothing for supper. Throw in three parent-teacher conferences this evening and what do you get? Poptarts for supper. Yep, you read that right, we had Poptarts for supper tonight. I had intentions of making them eat some fruit too, but we got wrapped up in the Spongebob special. (Tyler has been counting down for WEEKS people) The fruit never happened.

So yeah, that's healthy.

16 comments:

Donnetta said...

WHEW... I don't feel quite so bad. A meal sometimes found at our house is hot chocolate and toast. Yep, that's it. Nothing else. And what they really love is to dip the toast in the hot chocolate.

Chilihead2 said...

I've given mine peanut butter crackers for dinner. Without milk. But now my kids want to come and live you. Apparently anyone who will let them have poptarts for dinner is tops on their list. ;)

Anonymous said...

Heth, i LOVE you!!!! That is great!!!! :)

Truth said...

MMmmmm....can I come live at your house?

Anonymous said...

Silly lady, isn't there fruit IN the poptart!

Anonymous said...

LOL...we have done the Sponge Bob countdown for weeks. We Tivoed it so they can watch it AGAIN tomorrow.

mommy to six J's said...

I have given mine rice cakes with peanut butter and that is it or a corn dog in the car on the way to church.Hey there is fruit in the pop tart and that counts justlike with pizza you get all of the food groups
Char

Anonymous said...

Why is it that when you go to the Big Store Trip (as we call it), no one remembers to ask, 'hmm, what will be for dinner tonight?' Like, me, since I'm the mom and should ask that question. I never do. ANd it's not poptarts, but the equivalent on those nights here, too.
When I was growing up, my mom would often declare Sunday night's meal to be popcorn. We'd gather around a large bowl of popcorn, happily. That seems strange to me now but it never ever did then!

Randi said...

Hey, sounds good to me! I recently fed my kids Apple Jacks for dinner when daddy was away--YUMMY if you ask me. At least it had milk on it, right?

BTW--I know you have probably been touched by this whole blog-award controversy and I just wanted to say that I am glad to consider you my neighbor on the blog-block! (((HUGS)))!

Anonymous said...

Hey....congratulations to you too! :)

Melanie said...

If they were fruity poptarts, that should count for fruit, don't you think?

Rachelle said...

And poptarts for breakfast is bad? If they have fruit filling, does that count as a fruit?

Heth said...

Sorry everyone, I hate to admit it, but they were brown sugar poptarts. Not a bit of fruit in them. (And I myself ate two and a half....)

Heather said...

sometimes you just have to do what you have to do to get by. I love poptarts. tomorrow give them an extra helping of spinach :)

Truth said...

I was gonna guess they were the chocolate marshmallow ones, but "I" like the Brown Sugar Cinnamon ones. So I'd have fit right in, lol.

Anonymous said...

just went and voted for you! Congratulations on being a FInalist!!!