Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Huh? What?

Ok, this is me picking up my jaw, totally floored that I made finalist in the Share the Love blog awards. I am up against some fine ladies in the categories "Most Meetable in Real Life" and "Best Commenter".

Let's discuss.

Most meetable in real life? Well kind of, maybe, if it's on my terms. You can't just drop by, because the couch cushions are on the floor again, being jumped on by two rambunctious little boys. There are probably a few (ok, more than a few) dirty dishes in the sink, and you will trip over the twenty or so pairs of shoes by the front door. I mean you can totally just stop by if you want to, but I'll be trying to stealthily straighten up the room without you noticing the whole time you are here, and I'll only be half listening. The other half of my brain will be listening to my inner dialogue of self hatred, scolding myself for not keeping the house cleaned up.

We can chat, but I promise the kids will be in and out of our conversation the whole time. "Mahhhhhhm? Camryn hit me." or "Mahhhhhhm? I'm starving." I promise it will be a constant, "Mahhhhhhhm?" in the most annoying, nasal tone that they reserve specifically for calling my name. They are always on their best behavior when we have guests. Yeah right.

So yes, I'm pretty meetable, as long as we agree to meet at a coffee shop or somewhere else that serves high calorie caffeinated drinks. And as long as I don't bring the kids. Let's set that up why don't we? If you don't show up, I'm still staying and enjoying a latte alone.

Best commenter? If you look closely, I think I use the same adjectives in every other comment. "Precious." "Hilarious." "You crack me up." Yeah, I have a pretty big vocabulary.

Go check out the finalists. There are some really precious, hilarious ones that crack me up. And vote while you are at it, it's your blogging duty.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious. Hilarious. You crack me up.

Sorry, had to go for the easy joke!

Chilihead2 said...

Darn that Shannon and her always being first. ;)

Hey, I'd meet ya. Dirty dishes or no. And I voted for ya too.

Jenn said...

HethBestCommenter,
You still comment. It's not the size of your comment it's how often you do it.

I don't think that's coming out right.
Im not a weirdo. You get my meaning.
LOL!

Randi said...

Congratulations!

You crack me up, you precious, hilarious blogger! Hey, maybe I should be in the best commenter category! ;)

You have my vote!

Anonymous said...

Heth! I love coming to your house! I wish we were there now. Our visits are never long enough.

Anonymous said...

I'm not at all surprised. :)

Anonymous said...

What, my daughter is a finalist for something? Will there be an interview of her mother to delve into her past to try and understand what childhood events produced such a precious, hilarious woman who cracks everyone up with her commentary? It's because she's so well read- the whole library at her elementary school. Wait, is that true? Congrats, Hezzie.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. This is awesome. My real life friend is a blogging celebrity.

Everyone - it is not that bad. THe shoes maybe, but the rest of the house is fine. Besides that is what makes you most meetable - you're a real woman with real kids living in a real house (with shoes). love ya

Gretchen said...

Hey, just so you can keep it in mind the next time a LOK mom drops by, I for one, am able to employ the same focus at other people's homes as at my own; the one where I can sit at the kitchen table and not only not notice the kids whining and screaming behind me, but also not notice the piles of junk all around me. So if I come to your home, I won't notice them there either!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Congratulations. Isn't this fun?

Kathryn Thompson said...

And, yes, you done been voted for by moi.

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm in for a chat, somewhere, any where. Kids included if you want. I don't mind other people's messes either. I might even clean yours up for you. It's my own that sit around way too long and bother me!

Grammy said...

You sound pretty meetable to me. Shoes by the door only mean that everyone feels at home and at ease! Congratulations.