Thursday, February 09, 2006

A couple of things....

Five days ago, I bought six gallons of milk. There is 1/4 of a gallon left. I guess no one around here is lactose intolerant...yet. We will all have bones of steel.(I gave up on the buns of steel three kids ago.) What am I going to do when they are teenagers? Buy a cow?

Gemma is entering a new phase, a solid food phase. This phase is bittersweet for me, I think it's super cute when she grins at me with her four little teeth surrounded by a sweet potato goatee. I don't enjoy the hassle of baby food jars and bibs. Let's just jump ahead to the part where she can bite off a big hunk of steak since that's what we eat for dinner every night right? Come on molars, where are you? She also has begun with the "da-da-da-da-ba-ba-ba-ba-ma-ma-ma" I just want to gobble her up, she is totally gobbleable.

While we are on the subject of goatees, Caedmon drew a pretty good one on himself this morning with a navy blue magic marker. Very suave. All the ladies love a colorful faux goatee with matching sporadically-drawn-on leg hair.

What part of "laundry sorter" is my family not getting?





*Edited to add:

Due to the comments regarding the lack of pictures of the said goatee, I give you these pics from January that I just got developed:

Instead of the goatee, I give you a "mushcosh."



Instead of the leg hair, I give you "Ninja":



Instead of Gemma's goatee, I give you green beans and a death bite on the spoon:




I will give you pics of the goatees when I get them developed, probably in March. Nothing like a little delayed gratification!

15 comments:

Chilihead2 said...

Where's the picture of the faux goatee?! And the sporadic leg hair? That is too funny. Man, I love kids. Sometimes I think we should have more, then I talk to DH and he reminds me that we are done, done, done.

Your laundry sorter looks like my DH's closet. And he wonders why I never go in there....

Natalie Joy said...

You could check with Tom and Sue and see if they have an extra cow they would like to sell. They don't really need 600 in their dairy farm and I'm sure your neighbors wouldn't even notice it.

Truth said...

Come on! I was dying to see that suave blue goatee. You did get a picture, didn't you? And I'll bet that sweet potato grin is adorable. What's wrong with the laundry sorter? That's the way it looks at my house, are we doing something wrong????

Anonymous said...

Unreal. (about the milk) I'm with the rest of the group, where's the pictures of the goatee and leg hair?

Heth said...

The pics of the goatee and leg hair are on my film camera. It's getting ridiculous, the kid does something naughty like this and he says, "Go get the camera Mom." Maybe I should stop taking pictures. The laundry sorter pic was taken with hubby's camera phone last night. Thus the poor quality.

KarenK said...

That ninja pose is CLASSIC! He is giving you some great blackmail material for the teenage years. What a little character. :) I think he and my son Cool would get along j u s t dandy.

Amie said...

Buy a cow - hahaha! I laughed out loud on that one - good work!

Adorable pictures! And sorry about the laundry sorter there, I guess the job gets passed on to you, eh?

Kathryn Thompson said...

LOVE the death bite. My family are milk addicts too. I suppose I shouldn't complain. It's good for them, right?

Randi said...

I gave up on BUNS OF STEEL years ago too! Ahh, to be young again!

Your little Gemma is a doll even with all the goop on her face!!

Lots of cuteness here today!

Jenn said...

very cute!!

I have that same laundry sorter. Maybe it's defective?

mommy to six J's said...

cute pictures how old is your daughter.?have a great weekend

Tina said...

I seriously want to see your cow wandering in your yard in a few years...

Rev60 said...

ooooh yeah lets hear about that

Tanya Nichols said...

ohmaword I loooove the cuuuutey mustache and ninja look...I have a imagination time boy myself and I abosolutely love his sense of humor...i can not wait to see the pics in march ..hehehe a pic this good can wait! Thanks for the smile today!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to March's pictures. Your precious little children look like they'd never cause you a moment of trouble. You must make most of this up. ;-)