Last weekend I ran a local 5k. It was super fun. I give you the sparkly, magical, blue tights that carried me through:


I promise you, this is my one presentable running outfit. When this ensemble is dirty, the random stuff comes out and it's not pretty. I had no idea what kind of a time to expect for this race and I was happy when I finished with a 25:55. When I was pregnant with Toby I was able to continue running until about 28 weeks or so. That puts me at the end of May, we'll see how I feel by then. So far, so good.
I have been one week without a coffee maker. These are desperate times. Just ask my poor family who is shouldering the weight of my lack of caffeine. Again, for the sake of humanity as a whole, I will purchase one today and get back on the drip.
Today I also promised my family that I would go buy groceries. It turns out they like to eat. Who knew? I guess it will be best for everyone in the long run. I'm getting kind of sick of the whole "It's 4:30, what in the world am I going to feed them?" thing.
Happy Friday Internet.
17 comments:
I am so with you! LOVE the blue tights, for sure the coolest thing ever! :-)
You are amazing! I can't run that fast and I am not pregnant. I'll think of you when I am attempting a half-marathon this Sunday.
Our lives seem similar in several aspects...7 kids...preggo w/#8...I'm almost 19 weeks along too....then the similarities end as I look no where near as cute as you and your trimness. Way to go on continuing to run while pregnant. Maybe I should consider more exercise.
-Laura
That silhouette is remarkable, woman.
What a cute preggo belly! And the blue tights? I so want a pair - how cute!
Congrats on the race!
spandex really should never be shiny. really. *smile* unless the shininess is a distraction....hmmmm....
ONE WEEK WITHOUT A COFFEE MAKER... how did you survive????? Are you ready for the snow!!!!!
happy friday to you too hon..
have i ever told you that you seriously are the most cutest adorable preggo girl i have ever seen??
God bless ya, girl! You are inspiring.
I'm with Linda @ 2nd Cup, she's right on.
Wow. I can't believe you're running during your pregnancy. I think that's awesome! Good for you.
I ended up on bedrest during both my pregnancies and I only wish I could have stayed active.
Best wishes on all your running.
-FringeGirl
Right there with you...I'm only pregnant with number 5 and can't keep up with the vast amount of food being consumed around here. I finally joined a meal planning service two weeks ago...for a mere 75 cents a week they send me a full menu, all the recipes AND the grocery list...I just take it with me to the store! Hurrah for that!
You look amazing Heth! Who knew anyone could run pregnant, I sure couldn't have. And, the blue tights are inspiring! So glad you are feeling well and enjoying your pregnancy, God is so good to you! OH, and glad the coffee is back on, maybe I will have to come over for a fresh cup and some R&R.
Pregnant with #7 here but oh-so-not a runner! LOL I do work out throughout my pregnancy, but that does not mean you want to see me in spandex of any color! LOL
WTG on the run time.
you're awesome. and i really mean that.
don't be embarrassed by your random running outfits; be proud that you're out there running.
and surviving a week without a coffee maker? that makes you even awesomer.
You could get away running in a paper bag with that cute lil figure! (Way too jealous!)
You totally rock those tights! AND if anyone dared to say anything, you could just wear a sign on your back that says "mom of 7 and 1/2". That'll shut 'em up.
Post a Comment