Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Little Game With Lots of Laughing

This weekend we played a little game that had us all crying we were laughing so hard. Here's the jist of it. Each person has a stack of blank papers. One sheet for each person playing. So if 8 people are playing then each person has 8 blank sheets in their pile. Each person writes a simple sentence on the first sheet, then everyone passes their pile of paper to the next person. That person looks at the sentence written on the first sheet, and then draws a picture of that sentence on the next sheet. Everyone passes again. Now you look at the picture on the top sheet and write a sentence about that drawing. And you keep alternating like that until your original pile of papers comes back to you. You only are allowed to look at the sheet of paper that was written or drawn on by the person that is passing to you, you don't get to look at previous sentences or drawings. Then you each take turns reading through your pile of papers and show the pictures to the whole group. Ok, that was a horrible explanation but here, I'll show you some examples of three rounds of this game. Hill-air-e-us.


This was my original one. I wrote this and passed it to Noelle. She read my sentence and then drew this:


She put my sentence to the back of the pile and passed to Mariah who then looked at her picture and wrote this sentence:


After she wrote this, she passed to Shane who drew this little number:


Then Shane passed to Luke who looked at Shane's picture and wrote this sentence:


Then Luke passed to my Dad who read Luke's sentence and then drew this picture, note the guy holding the gas can....


Dad drew this and then passed to my Mom who looked at his picture and then wrote this sentence:


After writing, she passed to Camryn who read her sentence and then drew this picture of mean people and inasent (innocent) people:



After she drew this she passed to Tyler who looked at her picture and then wrote this sentence:


Then Tyler passed to Nate who read Tyler's sentence and drew this picture:



After that picture, it had gone all the way around the circle and was back to me. Does that make sense? It's like a game of telephone gone horribly wrong. Here are two other of our favorite rounds.





























The end.


Here is another:
































This is my new favorite game of all time ever.



23 comments:

ann said...

Laughing so hard I had tears! That is the best ever. Please, when I come visit, can we play?

Nicole said...

that is completely hilarious!!!!

His Girl said...

hysterical! oh my dear! so so so so funny!

trash said...

I am smiling maniacally while reading those and cursing that the only ones home with me all have paws. Would it be wrong to tie pencils to their paws? Bah to no opposable thumbs!

Duckygirl said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Hilarious! :)

-Laura

nicole said...

I am going to remember this for the next time we need a party game. So funny.

lindsey said...

that is the best. i can't think of a better game :)

Truth said...

That is hilarious and looks like so much fun! Would love to play that one.

gretchen from lifenut said...

That is soooo funny! I will remember this one for future reference.

Lizzie M. said...

We love that game!! We played it at our women's Bible study last month and had a blast!! You guys crack me up!

Fifi said...

Hi Heth
Great to meet you .... I came on over from Trina's blog(I work from Son up to son down).
This is a wonderful game , I'm definitely going to give it a go!

Unknown said...

YAAAY! I'm so glad you played this! We all thought you would love it! : )

Ellen said...

That was very funny and sounds like fun. I think we'll try while my parents are here.

momzie said...

Naomi is two for two at bringing great games into the family. And Kristi's pencil and dice game is fun, too.
I'm telling you people, empty the bladder before you play!

Bekki said...

What an awesome game. And what great artists who were playing! I would slaughter all of that with my drawings, the game would change drastically every time it was my turn to draw!!

Brenda said...

That's Hilarious!!!

Amie said...

That is a riot!! We will have to try that one! :)

Laura Suedbeck said...

This game is a favorite among my group of friends :) We play it alot...and call it "The Paper Game". Nicely put, huh??! p.s. this is hilarious!

Brokemom said...

very cute, gonna try it out tonight...

Amy said...

Hey heth! I came over to your blog from Sara@Life in the Parsonage's blog.I just wanted to say,I laughed so hard reading those. What a great, inexpensive game idea!

Holly said...

Ok, Heth, we have played this now several times since I read about it on your blog. SO much fun! I mean, laughing until you either cry or wet yourself funny. Thanks for sharing! I took pics of our games too, and plan to post it to my blog with a link back to yours.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that idea Heather, what great creativity. It had me laughing!! Can't wait til my kids are big enough to try this!

Valerie said...

Saw this game on your blog and HAD to try it with my Language Arts kids! We had a blast, and it was a great practice in descriptive writing! Thanks for sharing!

~Valerie in Oregon