Thursday, March 05, 2009

And Now, Back to the Superficial

This is the kind of stuff I'm up against:

  • Kids filling squirt guns... straight from the toilet.
  • Goodnight Moon, dying a waterlogged death in the tub
  • And this:

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the joy you get with having 7 kids :-)

Cousin Jessie

Lizzie M. said...

At least they weren't rotten yet......:-)

Nicole said...

um, it has a lid--I can totally see how that could be mistaken for Tupperware!!!

In fact, I (well not maybe me...) but someone in my house--Lauren--used a tv/dvd player combo as a jewelry box....it was sparkly---and sparking.

As far as the toilet goes, well I am all for using it to it's fullest unrealized potential.

ha ha Love to my favorite mom of 7going on 8!

Anonymous said...

Mental picture of filling squirt guns in the toilet gave me the giggles. Especially the thought of what the look on YOUR face must have been!! :)

Ellen said...

Great post, it's nice to hear other poeples lives are crazy too. I can't really tell what that is a picture of. Is it a CD player? and what is in it?

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

they look like tasty grapes!!!! clean grapes?!?

Anonymous said...

Actually, it doesn't take seven kids to fill the CD player with grapes; it only takes one toddler.
Unless Tyler did it....nah.....I think there are only two options. My vote is Toby.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

What better way to war with a squirt gun than with potty water?!? Genius if you ask me.

But remind them of rule #1...no shooting in the mouth.

Anonymous said...

That all sounds and looks very familiar!! Just like my house!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh hahahaha! I love it!! Man, when you put stuff up like this it makes me miss you guys so so much!!!! I'm with Momzie on this one, it only takes one toddler, and I vote for Tobes too :) I told you about the strawberries, didn't I? And the spice rack, and the crayons in the vcr...I have a looong list of Ethan's accomplishments when he was a toddler!

Look at the cute little trail of grapes coming from the cd player.

Anonymous said...

your house always sounds so fun :)

Owlhaven said...

Yup.

So there with you. The other day my 6 year old was seen sucking on a chair because in her words "it had a lumpy thing on it."

Mary, mom to 10

mellon said...

i've been reading your blog for quite some time and love it. it feels so close to home.
first of all, congrats on #8!
we just had a similar "incident"...
don't forget to check the toaster before using. i'm not sure flaming hot crayons make a very tasty jam. (although, i think all of my children seem to think it's more fun to eat the crayons than color with them at about a year old.)