Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Adventureland

Fellow Midwesterners, sing with me.

"Come on over to Adventureland, you're gonna have a fun filled day!"

We pulled our old faithful trick that we love to pull on the kids. We woke them up and told them to get dressed because "WE'RE GOING TO ADVENTURELAND TODAY!" We love to not tell them until the day of. It's funner that way. And then we don't have to listen to the whining about "how many more days?". We were excited because Nate's long lost sister (who moved to the east coast) and our nephews and niece, and Nate's mom were all going too.

We had good times. Jack was finally tall enough to go on the Outlaw.
Remember last year? Well this year he rode that old wooden roller coaster and loved it. Gemma really, really wanted to be tall enough. Sorry Gem.



This is one of my favorite things about the trip. Old time photos. Oh my gosh, it was a riot.


Much fun was had by all but I think the funnest, most bestest, most awesomest thing of all was the Banana's Foster pancakes I had at IHOP on our way home. I took a bite and then went straight to heaven. No, that's not butter, it's.... ice cream. Pure genius.

20 comments:

Sincerely Iowa said...

We were going to do one of those old time photos when we were there a couple weeks ago, and didn't get over there before they closed!

Yours turned out great, and I'm totally lusting after those pancakes. We don't have an IHOP close to us anymore... I miss it!

Sara said...

Too fun! Love the photos Heth. We have one of the old time photos from when we were younger...it's a treasured item :)

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

The old time picture cracks me up! It is great. And Gemma climbing up to be tall enough..priceless!

What a fun day and I am so happy you all got to spend some time with Nate's sister and family.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

The old time picture cracks me up! It is great. And Gemma climbing up to be tall enough..priceless!

What a fun day and I am so happy you all got to spend some time with Nate's sister and family.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw your post title, I got excited, thinking, "Could it be??" And I sang the jingle in my head! I haven't been there since I was really little. I want to take my girls but I'm waiting til the baby is a little older. We live 2 1/2 hrs away from Adventureland.

Unknown said...

those are some great pictures!! glad you had a fun time. we did the old-time photo for the first time on our last vacation & had so much fun doing it!

Unknown said...

Great times at Adventureland! How fun for the whole family. :) We took an olden picture at the Dells when we were dating...I laugh thinking about the dress, heals, and pearls I was wearing while holding a little gun!

melanie said...

The fam pic is the best heth!!! Caedmon has the lip going on, and noelle and cam look as mean as their momma!!! It's the best!

Amie said...

LOVE that picture of Gemma!!! Adorable!

Lizzie M. said...

My sister does the same thing! She waits until they are actually in the parking lot of whatever the destination is before she even lets on.

Definitely good times!

Tina said...

those pancakes make my mouth water.

Anonymous said...

awww poor Gemma maybe she should have worn her platform Old Navy flip flops????

PastormacsAnn said...

That is the. cutest. picture. in. the. world!!

Anonymous said...

Old West photos crack me up. Really, there is no other time when you can get away with posing your children with firearms and bottles of Jack Daniels. I always vow to get one whenever we are at a tourist trap (and there are plenty around here) but we never find the time.

My parents woke us up one morning and told us we were going to Disneyland! 1,000 miles away! It was the best surprise, ever.

Anonymous said...

how fun that you surprise them with an Adventureland trip every summer. you guys are such fun parents. love the photos, as usual.

Mrs. Troop said...

Great fun! Love the pictures - what wonderful memories!

Anonymous said...

Poor little lady! She was soo close to making it on that roller coaster! Looks like you guys had a blast :)

Laura Lu said...

Love it! What an awesome family!

and those pancakes...those do look fabulous...how long until you try to duplicate them for your family?

Truth said...

Every time I hear about you taking off to adventure land like that, I get excited. Wish I could see those faces when they are awakened with the news.

What great pics, Jack has certainly grown. And ice cream and pancakes??? Oh my heart, be still.

Anonymous said...

I've never done an old time photo but it should go on my "bucket list." The last time I went to Adventure Land (oh, 18 or so years ago) someone threw up in the Silly Silo and it was not pretty! Do they still have that ride?

Glad you had a great surprise day.