Sunday, April 29, 2007

Parade

We had an hour or so to kill while Noelle was at softball practice. How about a walk on the bike trail? Great idea Mom! Or so I thought. On the way out the procession was as follows:

  • An eight year on her purple bike
  • A five year old who doesn't quite understand the concept of staying to the right
  • A three year old on his trike, eyes glued to the trail
  • A twelve year old who is "helping" to guide the...
  • ...22 month old who wants to walk all by herself
  • A big pregnant Mommy, waddling along while pulling...
  • ...an empty red wagon with googly wheels
What a show we were. Or so I thought. It got even better on the way back. Now the procession contained:

  • An eight year old riding her purple bike way, way, way up ahead
  • A five year old who still can't contain his desire to ride down the middle of the trail
  • A three year old riding in the googly wheeled wagon
  • A 22 month old trying to climb out of the moving googly wheeled wagon
  • A 12 year old carrying a trike that is now missing it's back wheels
  • A big pregnant Mommy, with a pocket full of washers, nuts, and bolts who is pulling...
  • ...A googly wheeled wagon containing two trike wheels and an axle
Good times.

Actually it really was a good time. The weather was beautiful, there were no bugs, and we only got grease on our hands, not on our clothes. Gemma did manage to get some on her nose. Don't ask me how I don't want to know.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a parade that was! Im sure a memory was made!

Laura Lu said...

You're so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have a house overlooking the bike trail to watch the parades. Yours would be the best. Did you take the camera? It could have rode in the googley wagon...

Anonymous said...

But were you throwing candy?

Very cute!

Natalie Joy said...

What fun. You always make it look so easy (even though I know it isn't).

Heth said...

Momzie- We didn't take the camera. I thought about it but decided against it. I know they would have thrown it in the river.

Mopsy- We were not throwing candy, but we should have been. The squirrels and rabbits would have loved us. If I would have brought my camera, we could have thrown that.

Truth said...

Those are the best kinds of parades! So glad a good time was had by all.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

What a site that must have been! I would have thought it was endearing! The image I have in my mind put a smile on my face.

melanie said...

just think, in a few weeks there's going to be a baby all snuggled up in her sling joining the fun parade!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That sounds like a sight to see. Sounds like a lot of fun too.

Anonymous said...

I love how you turn daily events into humorous stories that make us all smile.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Heth,
It was a beautiful day for a parade.
Do you ever feel like anywhere you go, others are thinking they are watching a parade of sorts? I just experienced this when all of us were together.

LaughterThoughts said...

sounds a lot like our "rides" on the bike path by our house... so i can DEFINITELY picture it well... and smile big!!