So there I was, skipping through this pregnancy like it was a field of daisies. Feeling amazing, the sun was shining down on me and I breathed deeply the aroma of the fresh, third trimester air. Suddenly from out of nowhere, I was tackled by a sweaty, grungy, 300 pound linebacker. Aka: the sinus infection. It pinned me to the ground, beat me to a pulp, and left me whimpering and moaning.
I should have expected it. I catch two killer colds every pregnancy, one is the tell tale sign that I am pregnant, sometimes even striking before I see the two pink lines. The other comes at the end and brings me to my knees. I have felt absolutely amazing this whole pregnancy. I say things to Nate like "I don't even really feel pregnant except for when I try to tie my shoes". But then this cold hit and I felt like I was 42 weeks along, not the 32 weeks that I am. It brought fatigue, congestion, and the overwhelming sense that my face would explode every time I bent over. Good times. Isn't it so much fun to hear someone whine about being sick?
Today I was saved. I have been suffering from the wrath of this beast for a week and I kept telling myself, "I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for next Tuesday, just hold out until then Heth." And today was that appointment. After the regular routine of peeing, being weighed, having my blood pressure taken, and having my belly measured (only fun when pregnant), I finally got to see the doctor. I begged for drugs and he prescribed me two. I have been on the glorious antibiotics that were sent straight from heaven for a mere 8 hours and I feel like a whole new woman. I can breathe. I finally have more energy than a napping sloth. My eyeball isn't threatening to burst at the first sign of a change in elevation. I may even be able to distance myself from the box of kleenex. Bring on the last eight weeks baby!
13 comments:
Oh gosh Heth, that's just no fun at all. I'm glad you've gotten some relief!
I always get sick immediately upon conception as well. Like my body says "Immune system? Forget that, suckah! I'm making a baby here!"
I am so glad you got some drugs. I have been worried about you, but hate to be the pushy friend yelling at you to go to the Dr. Glad you are feeling better.
Good for you! Sending you many happy, snot-free thoughts.
And you know, sometimes when antibiotics are slow to work, I find an anvil (or even a drill) does wonders for that pesky above-the-eye sinus pain.
Bless your heart...but so glad you're going to get some relief.
a napping sloth??? well a very cute one at that!! praying that you treasure these last((i can't believe it!))eight weeks! i can't wait to see him, her, ... them!!
Oh man, I just went through this. I'm four months pregnant and thought I could hold out until my appointment, too. I broke down and saw my family practitioner the day before my OB because I could. not. function. I was in tears. It took almost a week for the antibiotics to kick in, I've had kidney infections that were a walk in the park by comparison.
Anyhow I'm glad you're feeling better, sick and preggo is the rot.
Yay for antibiotics!
I'm glad you're on the mend---and may I compliment your positive attitude, too? :)
So glad to hear you are doing better! I used to have the same problem as you with sinus infections/pregnancy & I remember just how heavy that can weigh on you. I still get infections, but bring on the drugs!
Being sick when pregnant is the absolute worst. I am so glad you are starting to feel better!
I can't believe you are 32 weeks already. It seems like I just read the post that announced your pregnancy. Time flies (when it's not me that's pregnant) ... I wish you the best and easiest next 8 weeks! ;)
No way! Only 8 more weeks??? How come your pregnancy has gone by so much faster than mine did? I could swear that I was pregnant for no less than two years.
Soo glad you're feeling better.
Ugh, I was SO nauseous like the entire first trimester and even half of this second trimester. (I forget, when is 3rd trimester start?) I am 26 weeks on Friday.
Hope you keep feeling better.
More energy than a napping sloth?
You crack me up.
Once again the laghter is bouncing around the room as I read your blog. I feel guilty laughing at the expense of how rotten you have felt....
I'm sorry, but that was way funny.
Ewwww a sinus infection huh? Yikers! Those are not fun at all! You poor thing! Well Im glad you are starting to feel better, and hopefully you can enjoy those last 8 weeks of pregnancy.
Post a Comment