Let's not beat around the bush. The weather has been pretty crappy for April. We all have our weather opinions and I have held my tongue so far, but that's it, I'm drawing the line. We just had a snowstorm a few days ago. It's April. That is just wrong. I have been battling closets full of winter and summer clothes for a few weeks now. You teased us with summer temperatures in March and then threw more winter storms our way. The kids' drawers are stuffed and over flowing with a combination of corduroy pants and capris. Sweaters and tank tops. If the weather would just make up it's mind! The hooks by the front door are laden with winter coats and hoodies. Scarves and jackets. I have had enough already. Winter, I *bite my thumb at you. I'm fed up and I'm taking action. Yesterday I washed all the snow pants and packed them away. So THERE! Take that! I'm giving you another week and then I'm putting away the hats and mittens. Be warned, I'm watching you.
*Biting one's thumb:
Biting one's thumb was an old rude British gesture. It is comparable to the Finger in modern terms. In William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet, Sampson bites his thumb at the Montagues (Act 1, Scene 1).
An equivalent gesture still persists in Italy.
I learned that useful info from this website. You can't say that I don't do my best to be educational.
11 comments:
You go gettem. i've got your back!
I agree with your sentiments all.the.way. It's just disgusting.
-Andrea
I'm with you!!
I cried every time winter did this to me while I lived in Minnesota. I put up with it for five years and then drug my husband to my hometown . . . in South Carolina
Yes! I'm with you! Biting my thumb!
(ouch, I got a little excited, and that kind of hurt...)
bite my thumb--Romeo and Juliet--Take that, Old Man Winter...ahhh, you are so brilliant!
It's the same here, busting at the seams. I'm with you, I'm putting away all of the winter stuff and we'll just sing, "I will survive...."
yes! yes! yes! I say we mutiny!
I agree! It is time to take a stand. Winter, it is time for you to leave. You cannot beat the moms! Blessings to you!
you go girl...you show old Mr. Winter..I shall join you.
Hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I am new to all of this and have checked yours out a few times. You crack me up. I hate to burst your bubble but things could be a worse, I remember one year on Prom (April 26, in the 80's) it snowed, so we may not be done with snow yet but hopefully we are.
Post a Comment