Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Dozen Years

When you were a toddler you would stumble into the kitchen in the mornings all grouchy and shaky, your little mind focused on one thing: cereal. It was your infantile version of a coffee addiction. Every morning I groggily poured you a bowlful while half asleep myself and you hovered over that bowl with your quivering hands, dripping milk all over everything. Once your belly was full, you were magically transformed into a happy child and you were ready to start the day. I looked across the kitchen table at at you with your chubby hands and a head full of blonde hair and I smiled. And then I blinked and now you are twelve.



Happy Birthday Tyler.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! Hope you had a wonderful day full of fun!

PS
I have a little boy named Tyler too. :o)

Laura Lu said...

TWELVE!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!? I can't believe it! Wowzwers! What a strapping young man...

I remember toddler Tyler hiding under the crib sucking away on the bottle that you stole from your sister. As your mom tried to get you out from under there, you would laugh!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
God Bless You, Tyler!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!

melanie said...

you are an awesome young man tyler, i know that god has His hands all over you! wishing you a great birthday, have lots of fun!!!

Truth said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. Heather, I found it funny that our dad's shared a birthday. Apparently your oldest and my youngest do too!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your handsome boy!

Janis Rodgers said...

Happy Birthday, Tyler! I hope you have a fun day!

Natalie Joy said...

Happy Birthday Ty!! Bill is honored to share his birthday with an awesome guy like you!

KarenK said...

Heth, when you post this stuff it freaks me out!!! These reminders of how fast time is flying!!!

Happy Birthday to your young man!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm late, but we were together on your birthday and you were the only one to not take a fall snowboarding. To think you can glide down the run on your snowboard all relaxed when it was just last week that you were a toddler emptying our frig to feed the dog eggs and dressing and everything you could reach!
Thanks for being the first grandchild to bust onto the scene and steal our hearts.
Grams