Friday, March 09, 2007

Just Helping Webster Out a Little Bit

des·per·ate (děs'pər-ĭt)
adj.
  1. Having lost all hope; despairing.
  2. Marked by, arising from, or showing despair
  3. Reckless or violent because of despair: a desperate criminal.
  4. Undertaken out of extreme urgency or as a last resort: a desperate attempt to save the family business. Or in my case: a desperate search for a rubberband for my hair that included digging through the pile of Barbies because maybe one of them is wearing a ponytail just like I wanted to.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Those crazy Barbies. Always stealing the good hair ties. :) Miss you friend!

meNmykids said...

Sounds like us!
Gale

Truth said...

Heather, how are you doing? I've missed you!

melanie said...

hahaha! josh didn't find this near as funny as me!.. i can completely relate!

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious. I just love reading your blog. I certainly admire you for your obedience to God. I love hearing about large families and how they make everything work. We are only a family of 4 (we have 2 boys), but it really helps to hear other families hashing out life and growing closer in the process. Blessings!

Deena Peterson said...

LOL!!

Trina said...

Heth....that is hysterical!! I wish I had Barbies to steal from when Im DESPERATE!!! OH MY...rofl

Anonymous said...

Bring on the sweat-o-meter! Miss you. :)