I've found that in most cases, simply putting a pair of undies over the diaper will achieve the same ends, without the joys of seeing all the 'diaper innards' when the tape comes off at the end!
Truth- It totally works! Duct tape has become a new step in our diaper routine. We keep a big ol' roll right beside the diapers and wipes. Without it, the girl takes her diaper off 50 times a day. Can you tell I'm just avoiding potty training? Bleh.
Whatever will work! I have definitely been there. Nothing is more irritating than putting a diaper on about 100 times a day! I never thought of duct tape, though. Good job!
Anonymous had a good idea about putting underwear over the diaper. I'll have to remember that. Another tip I once heard is to put the diaper on backward or dress her in overalls---Farmer Gemma.
As usual, I get a laugh at your ingenuity and resourcefulness!
I had a toddler that used to take her dirty nappies off and hide them. I made her wear a bathing suit under her clothes for months. Your way is far more practical!
LOVE IT! My kids did that all the time. The worst is when it's got a load in it and you haven't realized they've taken it off. I used to put it on them backward. It's harder for them to get at the tabs.
I was just reading in Gabie's baby book how he used to take his diaper off when it got messy. Then he'd come find me to tell me he needed a change. With...a...few...pit...stops on the way. I should have used the duct tape.
I have a son who used to paint with poo whenever I'd put him down for a nap. So I put him in a sleeper, and put a diaper pin through the hole in the zipper pull so he couldn't get the sleeper off, and consequently couldn't get the diaper off. It worked great! But I love the duct tape idea, too!
23 comments:
NO WAY! I've thought of it, but never done it. You are too funny.
Gale
I love your blog! You and I would make great parenting friends! LOL!
Ha! BTDT!!
I've found that in most cases, simply putting a pair of undies over the diaper will achieve the same ends, without the joys of seeing all the 'diaper innards' when the tape comes off at the end!
Good luck!
bella
luck a lee summers coming, just let her run!! what a honey she is!!
Oh I have DONE that!
If this catches on, pampers will be selling pink and blue duct tape in the baby aisles.
So tell me, did it work?
Truth- It totally works! Duct tape has become a new step in our diaper routine. We keep a big ol' roll right beside the diapers and wipes. Without it, the girl takes her diaper off 50 times a day. Can you tell I'm just avoiding potty training? Bleh.
Whatever will work! I have definitely been there. Nothing is more irritating than putting a diaper on about 100 times a day! I never thought of duct tape, though. Good job!
Anonymous had a good idea about putting underwear over the diaper. I'll have to remember that. Another tip I once heard is to put the diaper on backward or dress her in overalls---Farmer Gemma.
As usual, I get a laugh at your ingenuity and resourcefulness!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i used masking tape!
I so understand.
Go visit:
http://aniowamom.typepad.com/an_iowa_mom/2007/01/one_more_use_fo.html
Good luck!! It's been 3 months and I still have to duct tape mine ... STILL ... she's all taped up RIGHT NOW!
BTDT three times now. Waiting for them to tell #4 about the joys of poop painting and then he will join the family tradition.
Just be careful that there is no digging for goodies at the leg holes. :)
I had a toddler that used to take her dirty nappies off and hide them. I made her wear a bathing suit under her clothes for months. Your way is far more practical!
LOVE IT! My kids did that all the time. The worst is when it's got a load in it and you haven't realized they've taken it off. I used to put it on them backward. It's harder for them to get at the tabs.
ok that cracks me up...
LOL!
I love it.
Linda
I was just reading in Gabie's baby book how he used to take his diaper off when it got messy. Then he'd come find me to tell me he needed a change. With...a...few...pit...stops on the way. I should have used the duct tape.
We have TOTALLY Done that too!
Oh, I remember the days! We had to do that with our first son. Winter was great because of the footie pajamas - absolutely no way in!
I have a son who used to paint with poo whenever I'd put him down for a nap. So I put him in a sleeper, and put a diaper pin through the hole in the zipper pull so he couldn't get the sleeper off, and consequently couldn't get the diaper off. It worked great! But I love the duct tape idea, too!
L O L.
That picture is priceless. Well they say duct tape will solve any problem....lol
Post a Comment