Chilihead did the Christmas meme and I tagged myself. I don't usually do that, but whatever. It doesn't even matter. Since I'm in denial that Christmas is eleven days away, maybe writing about it will bring me a little closer to reality. And some snow would help too.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Here's my famous recipe: 3/4 mug hot cocoa and 1/4 mug mini marshmallows. Enjoy.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa? Who is that? Nate and I wrap them. I mean I wrap them, and usually the night before. See how I carry that procrastination thing into every aspect of my life?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the house, colored on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yep. Sure do. Hello?! Six kids and one on the way!
5. When do you put your decorations up? After December first. It's the rule.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? What do you mean "excluding dessert"? Ok, I'll play along. Ham.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: The year that the big, odd shaped present under Grandpa and Grandma's tree was for ME! And it was a gerbil cage with a real live gerbil inside. It was like a dream come true.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I've always known. We didn't ever do Santa when I was growing up.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We do, usually at Nate's parents' house. With the Christmas schedule we keep, we pretty much open presents twice a day for about four days in a row at various relatives' houses. It varies a little bit from year to year.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I put the lights on and then the kids have a free for all with the rest. Colored lights and a smorgasbord of all sorts of ornaments. The top half of the tree looks great. The bottom half......well, it looks like a Gemma attacked it. And she did.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it.
12. Can you ice skate? Sure can. Even backwards. Woo Hoo!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yeah, the gerbil. It's long dead.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Cheesy answer, but being with family. I just eat it up.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? How about my top three? Pecan Pie. Homemade fudge sauce. And Pecan Pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The nativity scenes that my kids paint/draw every year. So precious.
17. What tops your tree? A St. Nicholas that probably came from the Dollar Store. Who knows, Ithink we won it at the company "Holiday/Winter/AnythingbutChristmas" Party.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. I can't WAIT!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells. I don't know, maybe not. I like most all of it.
20. Candy canes: I'm indifferent, but I hate how my kids REFUSE to eat a broken one. WHAT IS UP?!
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Right now? Elf. I love smiling! Smiling's my favorite!
22. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing. But if he feels like dropping by the night before Christmas to help me wrap gifts, I'm sure I could come up with a candy cane or something.
16 comments:
i am right there with you, ah pecan pie and watching elf.. sugar, syrup on everything!
Uh, did you say 11 days? I need to get moving!
We're making snowflakes tonight, not as many as Buddy, but it'll be festive.
Do you hang mistletoe? Yep. Sure do. Hello?! Six kids and one on the way!
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I'd help you wrap presnts... but I do the same thing... the NIGHT BEFORE! are we gluttons for punishment or what?
btw... i haven't ever had pecan pie. I've always been afraid to try it.
Whoa, Tina! If the pecans scare you, just go for the filling. It will be no lookin' back!
I would love to hear tanya do that BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH in person....!!
I'm almost always wrapping presents the night before Christmas.
Great list. Next week maybe I'll tag myself. You made me feel brave.
hmmm, so it's apparently not only an Epley-procrastination-tradition to wait until Cmas eve to start wrapping. Something wonderful about waking up Christmas morning with lots of gifts under the tree that you have never seen before!
Oh, mistletoe.
T- You are KIDDING me?! You have never had pecan pie? You have never lived.
I would make you one, but I just can't succeed at the pecan pie baking. It flops every. single. time. So I just let other people do the baking and I do the eating.
all i know is that we can take um..
start making snowballs!!
YOU DID IT..Congradulations.. world's best cup of coffee
Great job everbody!!! Fransico.. Fransico..Francisco...
hmmm just noticed the last sentence about leaving something for "santa" my santa would be uuupppsseettt if I only left candy canes....wink wink...hehehe
Pecan pie...mmm...who makes it? I need a good recipe! Harry's grandma makes it every year and sends one home with us, but it never lasts long - and she doesn't have a recipe...she just makes it. SO I NEED ONE!
Now that got me in the Christmas mood! Love it! I'm offering my gift wrapping services. Some night after the kids are in bed? :)
mistletoe? who needs an excuss, funny yeah for TOK's moms
Saw your link on Chris's blog (pastor's wife in Iowa) What a cute blog and I like the quiz!
Post a Comment