Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The "Other" Twelve Days of Christmas

While singing the famous Christmas carol, my five year old Caedmon took the Twelve days of Christmas to a whole new level. He was convinced that the words are "two turtle dumps" and a partridge in a pear tree. Reluctantly, I corrected him. And then I laughed really, really hard.

8 comments:

Sara said...

Bwaa haa! I love it. Bella is just learning this song with Nana...I will have to share that new verse. :)

Truth said...

LOL!

Amie said...

That is awesome! I'll have to give Harry that line to use - he's always changing words around to make songs funny. How adorable.

Anonymous said...

BWHAHAHAHA...oh im dying...love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get my mind around this....what exactly does a "turtle dump" look like?
Is it where said turtle takes his trash, or......?

Anonymous said...

hahaha too cute.

Rae said...

So cute!

Julie Q. said...

Having owned a pet turtle, let me just say that they do "dump" frequently, and two of them would not be a pretty sight. Obviously this is a song about a jilted lover giving gifts out of spite.

Thanks for the laugh.