Friday, December 22, 2006

A Christmas Conversation

This morning Jack (3) was up to no good and dumped a baggie full of chips on to the living room carpet. He then proceeded to stomp all over them. I thought I would try a more festive approach to discipline. Despite the fact that we don't play the Santa Clause game, I told him that Santa has a nice and a naughty list and that he better watch out because "Santa Claus is coming to town".

Jack's response "To hurt me?"

Yes Jack, Santa sometimes resorts to spanking in lieu of the lump of coal. But just for the reeeally naughty kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH that hurts my stomach. Laughing!

Truth said...

I know, sometimes I wondered if holding the whole santa thing over my kids might have given me a little more leverage. We didn't do the santa thing either-but I love your response! (At least we know why parents do santa, just think of the mileage we could get out of that threat, lol.)

Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!!
That was great!! You and i died together laughing. He makes me laugh!