LOL I was always amazed at how quickly my little ones could figure those locks out. Never broke one but sure picked up quickly by watching us how to get in to them.
My daughter was one when my DH installed those on our cabinets. After he had spent the better part of a Saturday slaving away, putting in eleven locks, she strolled into the kitchen, cracked the cabinet door open, stuck her finger inside, and pushed down the lever. So much for baby proof, huh?
And don't even ASK me what she did when we put up baby gates to block off the kitchen. No, do ask me. She dragged toys over and climbed up the back side of the cabinets which open into our den. I realized what she had done when I turned around from my desk to see her walking around on top of the counter.
This is EXACTLY what happened at our house. By the time kid #3 arrived, I had decided those things were useless. Now we resort to old fashioned supervision and "no-no".
Hey, that could be a Works For Me Wednesday post!!
My son, Josiah wasn't held back by safety locks either. He was into everything! I don't even know why I am using the word "was" becuase he is 10 and still into everything!
7 comments:
Oh. My. GOSH. funNY.
You know that those "child proofing" things can only be opened by little people, right?
Why do you think they make those things? It's to keep big people out! LOL!!!!!!!!
I know, I've taught the preschool class at church! Funny stuff!!!!!!
hahahahaha, real encouraging. i was finally about to install mine considering that my baby is just now crawling.
LOL I was always amazed at how quickly my little ones could figure those locks out. Never broke one but sure picked up quickly by watching us how to get in to them.
My daughter was one when my DH installed those on our cabinets. After he had spent the better part of a Saturday slaving away, putting in eleven locks, she strolled into the kitchen, cracked the cabinet door open, stuck her finger inside, and pushed down the lever. So much for baby proof, huh?
And don't even ASK me what she did when we put up baby gates to block off the kitchen. No, do ask me. She dragged toys over and climbed up the back side of the cabinets which open into our den. I realized what she had done when I turned around from my desk to see her walking around on top of the counter.
This is EXACTLY what happened at our house. By the time kid #3 arrived, I had decided those things were useless. Now we resort to old fashioned supervision and "no-no".
Hey, that could be a Works For Me Wednesday post!!
My son, Josiah wasn't held back by safety locks either. He was into everything! I don't even know why I am using the word "was" becuase he is 10 and still into everything!
Post a Comment