
Setting: A rainy afternoon, in the van, pulling out of the Walmart parking lot. Caedmon (two weeks from 5) is asking me about death and I just finished telling him a big long story about how our bodies are like a house and when we are done with them we move out.
Caedmon: "So we get a new body in heaven?"
Me: "Yep, there will be no scraped knees and no owies and no crying and everyone will be perfect."
Caedmon: "Mom? We will be made out of metal?!"
After a bit more explanation and discussion about how there is no sin in heaven because we will be perfect Caedmon replies with: " You mean God will control us?"
Yes Caedmon, heaven is full of remote controlled metal robots. Hmmm, not really the image I was getting......
8 comments:
You know, that's as good of an explanation as I could come up with. Works for me!
I'd have to say too many sci-fi movies for that kid. :)
LOL! For a five year old that is about as complicated as it gets. :)
Kids are always good for entertainment!
Eh, I say it gets the job done...
He asks such awesome questions!!!
Just wanted to say Thanks for your blog! I feel like i've found kindred :) I also have a 3yr old son who sounds VERY much like your 5yr old! :D
Ha ha ha. Oh, gotta love little kids. Metal Robots. Excellent. I always wanted bionic powers.
Life isn't that copmlicated when you really get down to it. What a profound little guy! It put a smile on my face. :)
Post a Comment