Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Woman After My Own Heart.


No one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed. I have known mothers who remake the bed after their children do it because there is wrinkle in the spread or the blanket is on crooked. This is sick.

-Erma Bombeck


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never forget that day when I was a kid, we were getting ready to leave town. Mom told me to make my bed, I didn't want to. She said I'd have spiders in my bed if I didn't make it. She was right. More than once I have found spiders in/on my bed.

I still do "spider checks" when I pull my covers back before climbing in, even with the bed made. But it's getting better, I don't search behind the bed, in the corners, on the walls/ceiling, and under my lamp shade like I used to...just under the covers and my pillow these days.

Those nasty little critters turned me into a bed-maker. I'm a re-doer, too. Except it is really cute to see how Ethan makes his bed...but I'll admit it, I redo it. If Owen takes the time, his bed looks like I made it.

Heth you are awesome. If you found spiders, you'd just brush them away, get in bed, and not be all sissy about it.

_ said...

Aww, what a great picture! I love to find my kiddos that way. And I have to say, I rarely make the kids beds so the chances of me remaking them is slim to nil. LOL

Kim said...

What a great picture. She looks so peaceful.

WarriorWife said...

Amen! I always sleep in my unmade bed--the blankets are way more comfy and sleep-invoking that way. :)

SuperMom said...

That picture is so sweet!!

I figure right now we are establishing the habit of making our beds. They can work on technique later. As long as they give it their best shot, I'm happy.

I didn't used to be a bed maker. But I have come to like the lift it gives to the bedrooms. It can make a cluttered room look tidier. And any little bit helps!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture and I love the quote> That about sums it up!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo, I'd like to lie down next to her and just watch her sleep. What a little sweetheart.

That is Gemma, right?

And I did spell Gemma right, right?

Is my lack of confidence bugging you yet?

Should I apoogize?

:)

L.L. Barkat said...

That no one ever died from sleeping in an unmade bed...

this is good news... very good news indeed.

PastormacsAnn said...

Everybody would be dead around here but me. ;-)

Awwww. Isn't she just the sweetest? Could you just eat her up? So small & sweet & peaceful. Glad you have a picture to remember this lovely time always.

I love walking around my house, when everyone is FiNALLY asleep and looking at their peaceful, QUIET selves.

Keithclan said...

re-loading the diswasher is in a less neurotic category, right? I mean, cup lids could get burnt, cereal remnants could get stuck in the bowl, re-loading is justifiable, right?

Tanya Nichols said...

I love that sweet picture...black and white copy framed please.....maybe in the hallway? Do you have a hall of fame for fam pics??
anywho FABULOUS PIC and framed...please...

Brenda said...

LOL!! Not according to Jer. LOL! Ahhh he drives me absolutely insane with his freakish bed making things. He has to have it made with no wrinkles(he says he can feel em..LOL!), tucked in at the bottom, and no speck of crumbs or sand (gotta love him). Not me I don't care if it's a bare matress as long as my feet can breathe. Cute Picture Heth!

melanie said...

gemma is such a little angel! i started having the kids make their beds, now they just sleep on top of their covers with their blankie so they can be the first to "make" theirs. i love it when they try to be nice and make ours, interesting concauctions- is that a word?? the fun things you find tucked away inside!! sweet post!

hannahjoy said...

great GREAT picture. you rock.