Vacation was just heavenly. There is nothing better than waking up, feeding the kids breakfast, packing a lunch, and hitting the beach. All day. Everyday. We had wonderful weather and had so much fun with Nate's family. Lots of laughing and eating and fishing and snorkeling and swimming and sunbathing. Pink cheeks, noses, and shoulders. My favorite color of summer.
Forgive me while I whine a bit.
*stomping my feet and clenching my fists like a three year old*
I don't WANT to be drug back into real life.
We reluctantly left "up North" yesterday at about two thirty in the afternoon. We thought we were giving ourselves enough time to drive home, unpack, and ease back into the real world. We forgot about the fact that we were traveling with small children. Lots of small children. Short story: after much caffeine and lots of loud music, and a few driver-changes, we pulled into the driveway at 12:30 am. Like zombies. We were so stinking tired. We ARE so stinking tired.
Anyway, I'm on post-vacation letdown. It's kind of ironic that today we register the kids for school. Maybe we'll rebel. Maybe instead of unpacking, getting groceries, mowing the knee deep lawn, we'll extend vacation a bit and (shhhhh) go to the pool.
10 comments:
Bummer about post vacation. Just repack the van and come to the Rockies! Having GREAT time, wish you were here!!!!!! Siblings say hi.
Sounds like such a good time. The vacation I mean. Well, the pool too. Glad you're back.
i hate getting back from vacation! i understand
Ohh, I hope you went to the pool. We'll be there tomorrow so I hope you come then, too.
hey, look at the bright side.
You didn't have any broken bones on vacation.
like SOME people.
oh bummer. I just read Momzies comment.
harsh.
The best vacations are the ones where you hate to come home afterward! Enjoy your extended playtime!
Ack! I ALWAYS have a letdown when I have to come home from vacation. I hate that.
Glad you had a fun time...I can totally relate to the post-vacation letdown. We were only in Boulder for a few days...but I totally don't want to be back in Des Moines! :)Anyway...your beach sounds great!
hum.. did we see you there? you are too funny!!
Post a Comment