Monday, August 21, 2006

Confession

Dear Kids,

I just wanted you to know what kind of a mother I really am. All that talk of sharing and of selflessness that I blabber on about, well, I'm a hypocrite. I need to get something off of my chest.

Today, while I was out running errands with Gemma and you were all at home with your Aunt Mariah, I made one special stop. I stopped at Mc Donald's and bought myself an ice cream cone. It was a very, very tall ice cream cone. Not at all a baby cone like I always make you all get. Gemma's carseat is directly behind me, so I know she didn't see it. I ate that ice cream cone all by myself and I did not share with anyone and I did not buy one for any of you. In fact, when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to finish it before I got home, I did something terrible.

I parked a block away from our house and I ate that ice cream cone in peace and quiet. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. Aside from all of your births of course.

And also there is a box of Twinkies on the top shelf of the pantry that none of you know about. They are all mine.

Sincerely,

Your Mother

24 comments:

WarriorWife said...

LOL! That is awesome! I promise, I won't tell your kids if next time you get me one too, k? :)

Sarah said...

Are those the most glorious moments EVER in life??? I am backing you all the way on this one -- we MUST have one safe haven in life and the car with an ice cream cone sounds like the perfect one to me!

Chilihead2 said...

Ahhhhhh. Ice cream in peace and quiet. A good day indeed.

~cjoy said...

I just had a LARGE chocolate chip cookie today while my son was at school and my daughter was unaware in the back seat. Oh yeah, there was a matter of a donut recently, too (to go with a coffee I was craving). . .There is sisterhood in that wonderful secrecy, is there not?

KarenK said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, that was awesome.

Anonymous said...

I know about those Twinkies...


Hahahaha, Heth!! Awesome post!! And /hi 5 to you for taking some time out for yourself :)

Anonymous said...

LOL that's great! Sounds yummy too. I do that sometimes. What they don't know won't hurt them.

_ said...

ROFL I just did something similar to that the other day. Good for you. We all need to do something just for ourselves every now and then.

Anonymous said...

that is SOOO funny!

Dollymama said...

A woman after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is priceless! Good for you to hide those twinkies! Sometimes you just gotta look out for yourself...

Big Mama said...

And that is how moms survive!

Nicole said...

LOL! Good for you. Sharing is highly overrated.

Kim said...

Great idea!! I might have to do that next time I am out and about with no kiddo or hubby!!

Missy said...

I am holding out for tomorrow afternoon. I get to do my shopping in peace and you can bet your bottom dollar there is going to be some special thing, just for me! It sounds selfish, but it is better than the alternative....going insane! :)

Rock on, sister!

Tanya Nichols said...

blink....blink...
drool....drool...
oh me thinks a wicked web you weave mother...

Tina said...

what mother doesn't need to make that confession?

I love it.

Truth said...

I'm impressed! How in the world did you drive through those Golden Arches without Miss Gemma noticing??? I am equally impressed with your sneakiness. After all of these years I am wondering why I never did that. It never occured to me that as a grown adult I could go enjoy an ice cream all by myself. Thanks for the idea.

Diane Viere said...

Oh no! Another mother has bitten the dust! I mean--the delicious moment of self-indulgence...at a McDonald's Drive thru lane!?!?!????

Good for you...and do it again and again! Maybe, one day, we can all graduate to a full day at the spa!

Diane

hannahjoy said...

hahaha, you are the greatest. You EAT that ice cream in peace, heth!

SuperMom said...

ROFLOL!!!!!

Tsk, tsk. I have NEVER done such a thing...and I never will. ;-)

Ha, ha.

L.L. Barkat said...

So, what flavor was it?

PastormacsAnn said...

Heth you are so funny. I love stopping by here and reading your posts. They're always a lift to my day. Almost as good as a tall cool ice cream cone all by myself. Well, almost!

Enjoy! 5 quiet minutes alone (kind of) with an ice cream cone is worth a thousand bucks in mommyland.

melanie said...

that's awesome. the bathroom works great too- gotta love locks!!