Thursday, June 01, 2006

Again with the baseball

We have been spectating to our hearts content. The trick has been to master the watching-two diamonds-at-the-same-time and not miss any big plays on either field. Noelle looks over at us every few seconds, just to make sure our eyes are glued to her. We wouldn't want to be caught *gasp* talking! So most games so far have been spent standing between fields, looking back and forth, almost as if we are at a tennis match. Until last night.

Last night we had to divide and conquer. Nate took Caedmon and Camryn to Noelle's game. I took the two littles to Tyler's game in a nearby town. I'm sure things were lovely at the YellowJackets' field. Caed and Cam probably played beautifully and uneventfully on the playground with their friends. I however, learned a few things.

  • A slushy and a big grab bag of Doritos will keep a two year old occupied for approximately 45 minutes. Good to know.
  • I can down a 44 oz Cherry Pepsi in approximately 1 hour. All by myself. Maybe I should just put in an I.V., it would save the hassle of having to actually pick up the cup and put it to my mouth.
  • Pack toys for the little ones, but don't underestimate the enthralling power of a good dirt pile.
  • When the game goes long, (REALLY, REALLY long) just pack them up in the van and turn on a movie. Sword in the Stone is awesome, even after you've watched it 400 times.

Some tips for you, just in case.

3 comments:

SuperMom said...

I've said many times "I'm throwing out all the toys!" because they'd rather play in the dirt. Go figure.

Brother's soccer field had a nice clearing with about a dozen trees back behind it. Sister would play in the trees and pretend she was a wood nymph during games and practices. Occasionally she liked the dirt pile, too.

Thanks goodness for the little things...even if it is Doritos and a slushy :-)

Angela said...

I'll keep those in mind.

Last night we played Red Light, Green Light, and Noelle had more energy than I've probably ever seen her have. After every round, she'd yell, "I wins! I wins!! Ha ha!" It was seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing.

Sarah said...

I'm wondering when the 44 oz. cherry Pepsi kicked in -- the bathrooms at your field must be nicer than ours!