
I don't think the success of a race should be measured by time necessarily. Maybe a more accurate gauge would be the "sweat-o-meter".
While we were training for this race, on some of the sweatier days we would laugh about my little one inch ponytail. If the temps were high on a particular morning, I would coax my short hair into a rubber band just to get it off of my neck. By the end of a the run, it would be dripping down my back. Isn't that disgusting? I could literally wring it out like a wet towel. A few weeks ago I got a haircut and trimmed up the back, it was bordering on mullet. We lost our sweat-o-meter. Although the temperature was a nice cool 50 some degrees for this morning's race, by the end of 13.1 miles my hair was dripping even with no little ponytail. Success.
It was a wonderful race. The training payed off and I felt like a hundred bucks the whole time. Well, maybe more like seventy five..... I was shooting for a two hour finish. I would have been happy with 1:59:59. My final time was 1:57:19 and I am thrilled.
17 comments:
Woo-hoo! Way to go! :)
Way to go, girl!! My hat is off to you!
High fives! Now hit the showers!
You are AWESOME!!!! Congrats.
Way to go, Kiddo! Now let those six kids try to out-run their mama. Ha! Proud of you, Sweatie.
I mean, Sweetie.
Three cheers for you girl!!!
HORRAY! HORRAY! HORRAY!
What an amazing accomplishment - you look so fit too!
Congrats my dear!
great job Heth!!! That is something to be proud of for sure!
Way to go Heth!!!! You are awesome! What is that written on your arm there?
I'm speechless! 2 hours? It would take me two days!
Awesome!! Congrats! Isn't that the best feeling after the race! I love it!
Wow Heather! You are the (wo)man! You make us mommas proud.
Congratulations! You are AWESOME!
Yes! That's great! I won't run even if there's chocolate at the finish line so you have my respect and awe.
Congrats on your race!
Wow!!! How cute are you, and how exceptionally fit?! Geez!
Good for you! I started running a year ago in April, and I'm planning my first half-marathon in the fall. Great time! I'd be thrilled with under 2 hours!
Oh my goodness--you are THE WOMAN!!! I am seriously impressed and inspired!!
Post a Comment