Monday, December 19, 2005

Buzzed

I put everything up. The top third of our house is full of all of the things I don't want the kids to have. Not that it helps. Permanent markers, crayons, matches, toothpaste, nail polish and all other possible offenders are banished to live on top of the fridge, up in the top shelf of a cupboard, or on top of the bookshelf. Somehow, I managed to overlook the obvious.

Scissors.

Here we have Caedmon sporting his new do-it-yourself haircut.

Lovely huh?
So I did what all self-respecting mothers would do in a situation like this. I called Grandma, and she came running with clippers in hand.



When I explained to Mr. Four year old what would have to be done, he cried "I don't want to be almost bald!" But desperate times call for desperate measures.





And I think almost bald looks kind of cute.

10 comments:

Heth said...

Liese- Nope, we have had plenty of other hair cutting experiments. Camryn is a repeat offender. I don't know if you have noticed, but she recently aquired bangs that she never had before. And when she was three-ish, she went from hair down her back to a very very short bob. A future stylist maybe?

Amie said...

He looks way cute!

My sister (the hair stylist, mind you) told her daughter that it was illegal to cut hair unless you had a license to do so. So it all has worked just fine for her so far. I like his new look, bet you're glad it was a boy that decided to do that...girls are way harder to fix! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my LAND!! lol He looks sooooo cute!!!! So far, my boys have not tried this. It's just a matter of time though I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

He is adorable, nearly bald or shaggy. Sly, too---that last picture is a classic.

Aidan cut her hair when she was four. She went from lower back-length to Haley Mills in "The Parent Trap" by the time the stylist got through working with her hack job.

Gretchen said...

He looks great! I agree, it's a lucky thing one of your boys did that, so the buzz looks good.

I've been lucky so far, none of mine have thought to take scissors to their hair (to everything else, yes, LOL, but not hair) YET.

I look forward to the christmas re-takes!

Natalie Joy said...

I LOVE IT!!! Bald is better is the mantra in our house though. Or almost bald. Cadester you're lookin' good.

Tina said...

it's adorable!!!

Angela said...

Definitely cute. It does make him look even older, and I had already been thinking that he's getting so big. :-)

Chewy Mom said...

DS 10 did this when he was 2. And when he was 5. So far he's my only scizzor-obsessed one. My question is, what do I do if DD3 get ahold of them??? Ya' just can't buzz a girl!! (Well, you can but....)

Dollymama said...

Aw, I think it's cute. Most of the little boys at my house have that same hair doo.